"Eddington Number"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
It made my head hurt so I stopped looking at the stats.
It's a funny old system because I cycled 500 miles last month but it's very rare that I have the time for a very long ride so I have a low number.

There are lies, damn lies and statistics. One's Eddington is just a statistic that shows ("rewards?") consistency. Saying "I cycled 500 miles last month" is less of a statistic, more of an excellent achievement to be proud of.

swansonj

Guru
I've been wondering (because I am sad and have nothing better to do) about the definition of a "day" for Eddington Number purposes. Suppose I do my 20 mile commute on a Friday, 10 in the morning and 10 in the afternoon. Then 60 miles on a FNRttC. Then 40 miles home on the Saturday. The pedant in me asks, is that 100 (ridden in a calendar day), 110 (ridden in a chosen 24 hour period) or 120 (ridden between consecutive sleeps)? Not that it makes much difference, any of those is way above not just my current E but any future E I am likely to attain, so they are all just as good as each other for the purpose of increasing my E.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Holy thread resurrection Batman.

I reached 104 last weekend and need 5x 105's to reach that number.

Of course it will pale into insignificance at the end of the year when Steve Abraham and Kurt Searvogel finish their challenge. Both I imagine will be in the 200's.

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
E50...six more rides to the next milestone. The moment I hit E50 I was probably navigating the back roads of the Meons in Hampshire near midnight. Windy, but lovely.

http://canini.me/eddington/index.php will also calculate it from your strava.

51 for me.

Top Bottom