Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Embra(ish) to Peebles (take two) 8th August.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Definitely A route I'd do again.... Just not starting at dougies after he tried to kill me on polton brae.... I have my second dr appt tomorrow and haven't been on bike since after they :sad: Hoping ECG comes back clear but had a few issues since Saturday

Really good roads, wind made it tough going , but we had a good day and great chips at Peebles. From Peebles to edinburgh was great, got to build up speed and drive along. After @Fubar mentioned he was going to be in Peebles kept an eye out and spotted him with the better half.

OP
OP
ShooglyDougie

ShooglyDougie

Veteran
Drove a bit of the B709 on Monday coming home from Peebles (we were heading East), that looked like a CRACKING cycling road - would defo love to give that a bash sometime in the future!

It is rather nice, I've done it both ways now, my chum * Sammy took me a new route avoiding (most of) the main A703, and I'll remove the hills which almost killed @Louch, I'll let you choose a date if your up for it (my days had thunderstorms and then high winds) and I can lead if you want.
Sorry for not writing sooner.

* it were autocorrect Mr Fubar, must say chump more than I thought :whistle:

Last edited:

Fubar

Guru
It is rather nice, I've done it both ways now, my chump Sammy took me a new route avoiding (most of) the main A703, and I'll remove the hills which almost killed @Louch, I'll let you choose a date if your up for it (my days had thunderstorms and then high winds) and I can lead if you want.
Sorry for not writing sooner.

I think the Audax I've signed up for does some of that route back up to Stow - if I survive the experience I'd def be up for it!

(was your "chump" typo a Freudian Slip?!?)

Top Bottom