Ever had an out of body/near death experience?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
vbc said:
Near death, yes.
Out of body, no.
Ditto.

Tetedelacourse

There's a lot of evidence surrounding NDEs and OBEs. Generally, if researchers bother to read through it there's a consensus that both are valid phenomena which traditional science cannot as yet explain.

One take is that consciousness is not restricted to the physical body. This take explains a few other things too but I wont go into it here. There have been studies done as User76 described, and there have been retrospective studies done primarily on cardiac patients who were asked to describe the procedures they underwent and so on.

Generally it's dismissed because it doesn't sit well with current generally held beliefs about how the body and the mind work.

This is the sort of stuff which currently has me stumped

Twenty Inch has the book at the minute and Marinyork has been helping my line of thought. I'd be very interested to know what you think Kirstie, if you have time to read it.

bonj2

Weren't they planning an experiment where they kill people in such a way that they can be definitely brought back to life again, and having pictures that they can only see from above - and when they wake up ask them what the picture was of? the assumption being that if they really were 'floating above' then they'd know as they were looking down on themselves.
Wonder what the resultof that was? Bet it was cancelled on health and safety grounds. :rolleyes:

Bit like that film 'flatliners', anybody ever seen that? Think it's quite long in the tooth now and probably fairly eighties and naff but wa smeant to be a horror film..

Bigtallfatbloke

I have regular near death experiences on the bike but never got as far as an out of body experience thankfully. Had another one today on the mini roundabouts in Brentwood...dumbarse van driver cut right over the roundabout mising me by inches (i was already on the roundabouts)....then he started Fing abd Blinding at me like it was all my fault...dork.

Top Bottom