Every little helps.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
I am glad to see you are doing your bit to combat climate change :tongue:

Mortiroloboy

No, but couple of years ago at our local sh*tco Metro some inept, total w*nker of a manager accused my wife of shoplifting, I recall posting about it on here.

Basically she had popped in for a pint of milk and some bread on the way to pick the kids up from school, she paid at the till, and whilst still there this to$$er approaches her ( at this point she is still in the shop) and asks to see her till receipt and looks in her bag, no explanation given, mumbles something and makes a dash for the rear of the shop.

wife in hot pursuit to ask the guy what he had done that for, no sight of him, time to pick up the kids so she leaves.

Comes home, tells me, I suggest we visit the shop nextday to get an explanation.

Next day at the shop, explain what took place to duty manager, ask to see the duty manager from the day before, get told he's not in, subsequently see him walk past office! ( getting annoyed now, don't like being lied to)

clearly flustered manager goes out into corridor for several minutes and we can hear a muffled conversation between them.

Both come into office, I ask the guy to please expalin why he took the action he did...

Guy starts trying to talk me down saying he had waited at the back of the shop to speak to my wife (liar)

Then Liar man says he has an issue with a staff member stealing from the Till (more lies)

OK so I ask him why he thought looking in my wifes bag and checking her till receipt was going to prove staff member stealing.

At this point Liar man starts shaking and falls against office wall clutching his head saying he has been unwell recently (FFS) you couldn't make this sh*t up!

Eventually after trying to stall for twenty minutes the duty manager finds the address for Sh*tco HQ in Glasgow.

I send a letter detailing my wifes experience at the hand of their employee and his subsequent behaviour and the conivence of his co-worker when we visited, to get an explanation/apology.

When Sh*tco HQ eventually respond to my letter, it says we don't apologise, we aren't interested, and in our experience people only complain because they want some form of compensation.(Ar$eholes)

That's why I will never ever set foot in one of their shops ever again My wife was treated in an appaling manner, and then they lied to us about their actions, then the HQ sent a discourteous letter, absolutely disgusting IMO.

I don't like Tesco either, having delivered stuff to them on more than one occasion and been treated badly. I did wonder about ordering a home delivery from them, and then when it arrived, I'd treat the driver like Tesco treat me, namely:
Don't smile or be polite to him.
Make him wait outside my house in his van for an hour or so.
Then take his paperwork and van keys off him, shut him in my garage with a filthy toilet and no access to food or drink facilities and make him wait another half hour before unloading him, which could take up to two hours.
Then after another hour checking his delivery, I might give him his paperwork and van keys back, before finally allowing him to go on his way.
If every lorry driver in the country did this on the same day, Tesco might get the message.;)

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Exactly what search powers did the Sh*tco manager have to search your wife's bag.....answers on a post card.

NONE.

The only thing they can do is detain a suspect till the police arrive and deal with the matter. I would have made a complaint of attempt theft by the manager (illegally going through your wife's bag), which the police would have to pursue.

Mortiroloboy!

Sorry for my flippant comment. I could see from your reply that your heckles were rising. :sad:

I completely understand your contempt for them.

I'll boycott them, too, on your behalf! :laugh: ;)

gavintc

Guru
I use them as a shop place of last resort. I do not really know why, not been treated badly in there, or found their prices bad - just do not like the ambience of the shop - it is not me. I will happily use Somerfield or Sainsbury, but I avoid Tesco.

redcogs

Guru
Tesco's are hand in glove with the public private partnership Bielzibub.

Local shops, Lidl and Aldi and Co-op and Sommerfields get our custom.

Mr Phoebus

They've got well over 30% of the UK grocery market.
Their nearest rivals are Asda with only half of that.
They must be owned by shape shifting lizards.

Top Bottom