Explaining two charming young ladies to the wife!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
The "Hovis" (Pashley Delibike commissioned by Hovis and in their livery)
I was about to post that I would like to see a picture of this bike. Went to Google it instead, not to appear inept :smile:
This thread is the third link Google provides to the query.
Guess you better put a picture of your Hovis on here, for future searchers ^_^

theclaud

Openly Marxist
My apologies if this was taken the wrong way... it was meant to be light

My wife is more than used to strange women talking to me about my bikes... The "Hovis" (Pashley Delibike commissioned by Hovis and in their livery) attracts lots of elderly ladies who have fond memories of being taken home by boyfriends in the basket.

The point is that unusual bikes and this interaction was a fantastic way of advocating cycling

In this case there is a school project where the concept that two teenage girls can be transported by their parents on a cycle will be promoted at a school and examination project.

So where does 'the wife' (I share TMN's revulsion at the term) come in, then?

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I saw it as someone who is immensely proud of his weird bikes adding a little embroidery to a story to try and make it entertaining and to start a thread about it, and then is getting accused of allsorts. Next he will be accused of beating his wife as he used a term of endearment that some people seem to bizarrely find offensive. Off course this will make me a Paedophile enabler.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I saw it as someone who is immensely proud of his weird bikes adding a little embroidery to a story to try and make it entertaining and to start a thread about it, and then is getting accused of allsorts. Next he will be accused of beating his wife as he used a term of endearment that some people seem to bizarrely find offensive. Off course this will make me a Paedophile enabler.

He wasn't accused of anything, except starting a distasteful thread.

Harmless, innit. Don't get wound up about it. It's just lolz and bants. Men can't help it... etc ad nauseam...

swansonj

Guru
I don't think anyone is remotely accusing Cunobelin of fancying teenage girls. What he is accused of is, as you say, telling a story, but telling it in a framework that only makes sense if the laddish image of an older man having improper dalliances with teenage girls behind his wife's back is invoked.

Which is what Theclaud has just posted while I was typing this. Is it still a TMN if I own up to it in my post?

As for whether it constitutes, not "paedophile enabling", but perhaps paedophile encouragement, well, it's at the mild and passive end of the spectrum, but yes, it does.

Tin Pot

Guru
I don't think anyone is remotely accusing Cunobelin of fancying teenage girls. What he is accused of is, as you say, telling a story, but telling it in a framework that only makes sense if the laddish image of an older man having improper dalliances with teenage girls behind his wife's back is invoked.

Which is what Theclaud has just posted while I was typing this. Is it still a TMN if I own up to it in my post?

As for whether it constitutes, not "paedophile enabling", but perhaps paedophile encouragement, well, it's at the mild and passive end of the spectrum, but yes, it does.

Oh my goodness! Anyone who likes post that needs to wake up. Pick up the shot gun. And blow their brains out immediately. Thus improving the average intelligence of the species.

I'm leaving this thread before I get worked up about how cretinous people are.

Tin Pot

Guru
Almost one for the dialogue thread

Took the defunct TV and other bits to the tip and as a reward for my green efforts treated myself to a pub lunch

Approached by two teenage girls doing a project for school on alternative transport

They loved the Christiania and asked if they could ttake some pictures

I agreed (with their parents) and they took a dozen photos seated in the box, and with their father in the driving seat

They have details of the trike and websites, so a good result from a promotion point of view

However what happens if my wife finds a picture of two teenage girls in my trike??????

Glad there was interest in your bike and no grief from the Mrs. :smile:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Oh my goodness! Anyone who likes post that needs to wake up. Pick up the shot gun. And blow their brains out immediately. Thus improving the average intelligence of the species.

I'm leaving this thread before I get worked up about how cretinous people are.
Don't get worked up, dear.

swansonj

Guru
^^^^^
bullshot!!

But that is perhaps how you want to see it
I'd rather not have to see it that way, but yes, I plead unashamedly guilty to wanting to identify those aspects of our culture, where they exist, that give licence or cover to paedophiles, in however mild a way (and this is indeed pretty mild as these things go) so that we can reduce its acceptability and hence prevalence.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
MOD NOTE.
A thread started in an innocent, innoccuous manner has been interpreted by some as having ulterior intent, which has led to agitation and attempted thread derailment.

To enable everyone to have a peaceful night's rest before the 'working week' starts again tomorrow, this thread is being Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom