Eye laser treatment/Contact lenses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

For many years (too many infact) I wore hard gas permeable lenses, they were causing me problems, dry eyes, redness and discomfort, they were becoming a real nuisance.

At that time soft/disposable type lenses were no good for my prescription, so I went back to specs (single vision) laterly I have started wearing varifocals as with age my near vision has deteriorated.

I often look at the laser treatment ads on TV and 'wonder' if it would work for me, probably not as I have a fairly pronounced astigmatism in my right eye, which would be difficult/expensive to remedy with laser treatment.

So I'll stick with specs.

jay clock

Massive member
For any waverers, here is where I went http://www.centreforsight.com/index.php

For reviews, see here. http://www.lasik-eyes.co.uk/Clinics/ClinicDetails.aspx?ClinicId=1 This surgeon seems to do more than any other, is rated the highest and also costs the most.

OP
OP
W

Willow

Well in the end I decided to contact Focus again, they couldn't fit me in until the new year due to my not being able to take time off outside of the school holidays. But on double checking they had one spare appointment last week. So on Thurs off I went and got zapped. One eye done for distance, one for reading via the lasek method. Amazing from varifocals to no glasses:biggrin:. Cost a b fortune but oh so worth it.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Ask about the long term effects. There was an article in the Mail today about a couple of women who, after a few years, needed glasses again. It also said something about the treatment not being repeatable due to the cornea becoming too thin.

OP
OP
W

Willow

Yep I knew all that, did extensive research, took lots of professional opinions and met the surgeon. Decided for a few years freedom it was worth it and the good thing is I can read the article without finding my specs first!

OP
OP
W

Willow

Uncle Mort said:
Good on you Willow. And, partially due to you, I've just phoned up for my first assessment. That Faberge egg can wait until 2018 ;)

Make sure you go to more than one place because their views will be different. also worth extra trips so you get to meet actual surgeon, your confidence or otherwise will come from the information they are prepared to share with you. I had 100% confidence in this guy even though the first time it was aborted, perhaps because of that, he didn't plough on regardless. Don't know where you are based but my nearest people were Ultralase in guildford, they would have been very convenient but chose to go to Focus Vision in Wimpole Street London. Let me know how you get on.

Top Bottom