Fell off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
Nor do I but it sounds like trouble.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
It's my way with words.It was a narrow single track between two fields.
I came up to the first puddle which was quite big followed by a bit of soft mud.Then another large puddle.

My brain didn't work fast enough.Should i try to ride through both - no i put the brakes on !!!.Couldn't get my foot out fast enough and fell sideways.Into a shallow ditch.Still fastened to the bike.
Quite funny actually.

longers

Legendary Member
Do anyone else get the feeling from time to time that they're due an off? Like it's in the post?

Mountain biking was good for getting it out of the way and then I'd be fine for a few months, but it's not such a good feeling on the road.

I've found a bridlepath on my commute so all I have to do is ride it fixed a couple of times a year. I got stuck the first time and couldn't clip out for ages ;)

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Every so often i like to get off the road and we are so near to parkland ,woods and as i have mentioned often Eccup res and Harewood House.It's so peaceful and not really too hard to ride.I find it a good workout.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
MTB'ing is the best way to get the 'offs out of the way.

I had a very funny one once....going down a steep hill, like you do, bike suddenly stops dead, like they do, me..... launched right over the handle bars.....

Landed on my feet some how, and ended up running......god knows how.....

longers

Legendary Member
fossyant said:
Landed on my feet some how, and ended up running......god knows how.....

I did that into the car park at the bottom of Dodd Wood. A great ride.

I need to get my MTB working again. There's loads to explore round here.

colly

Re member eR
postman said:
Every so often i like to get off the road and we are so near to parkland ,woods and as i have mentioned often Eccup res and Harewood House.It's so peaceful and not really too hard to ride.I find it a good workout.

I go out that way sometimes and now and again take the dog with me. Nice area to ride.

Top Bottom