First UK Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Octet

Veteran
I finally did it, it's taken me almost a year but I've finally gotten out and done my first proper UK bicycle ride since moving to the mainland! :dance:

It was only a short 20 mile route from March to Friday Bridge and back but even so, I'm back in the game! Admittedly the route I took could have done with a mountain bike, especially going along the path next to HMP Whitemoor and given the weather.

Here's a photograph none the less, it certainly won't win any awards, but here you go.

Cycling.jpg

Note the orange post-it note wrapped in a sandwich bag and taped to the handlebars. This had my supposed route planned out... still got a little lost.

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Where were you living before?

OP
OP
Octet

Octet

Veteran
Yes I can imagine. And don't forget those blasted Fens headwinds which seem to plague you which ever way you travel.

It was surprisingly calm, with the exception of going up one side of a field I seemed to be pretty lucky... although I've probably jinxed it now.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I've downgraded that blasted rough track near Whitemoor enough that cycle.travel doesn't use it for me any more :smile:

Heading for Friday Bridge means you missed another doozy of a half gone road into Elm on NCR 63 :smile:

Well done. The ride south from March to Chatteris and Ely is busier but offers some small hills

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Well done. The ride south from March to Chatteris and Ely is busier but offers some small hills
Or as the rest of us call them, speed humps.

(I must be the only person whose only bike ride in the fens ever was hilly. I rode on my Brompton up from Ely railway station to the cathedral.)

Top Bottom