'First world problems'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
An iPhone is an extravagance at any age. Or any smartphone.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Have you told them that it is like being in a third world country, and you will be going elsewhere until they rectify matters?
I did, with some volume. I don't think they are taking my plight seriously enough, I shall need to send their head office an instant meggage...hold on, let me just put that card away...

LinchPin

Veteran
I've just read this.

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/...ter-floods-hit-carlisle-factory-a3162891.html

It's very much a 'first world problem'. What are your first world problems, and how do you cope?
It could be worse.
First+world+problems_7a3b0c_4852344.jpg

My most regular First World problem is finding that, by the time I do my Saturday shop, the supermarket has sold out of the week's Radio Times. I end up having to buy some horribly tabloidish downmarket listing instead - always seems to be plenty of them :sad:

pauldavid

Veteran
Of course, it's easy to write off this young person as just another feckless youth, but economic reality is rather different for young people today than it was when I was starting out. The situation regarding rents, job security, pensions and student debt has degraded significantly over the last twenty years.

Knackers

Oxo

Guru
An iPhone is an extravagance at any age. Or any smartphone.

I need/like (delete as appropriate) 24 hours news, weather, emails, bus timetables, rail timetables, text messaging.
I also have my diary, clock, note book, reminders, maps, sat nav, my entire music collection, camera etc etc.
Occasionally I also use my iPhone to make or receive phone calls.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I can see why young people spend money on interesting things like smartphones, cars and renting in an interesting area when the cost of 'sensible' things like buying a house goes up and up, the pension age goes up, and the papers are full of stories about pension funds being ripped off by fat cats. What's the point of saving for a rainy day when there's gonna be a hurricane when you get there?

Top Bottom