FNRttC FNRttC 2nd October to Southend-on-Sea 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi Simon

would love to do this ride but am not sure I can get my stolen bike replaced in time- so a maybe for now - will email if it's a yes.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
theclaud said:
Greg - not sure about nettles, but a couple of timely wasp-stings and you'll be positively benborping it up the hills. I've been recommending this widely since I discovered it by accident not long ago, and there are strangely few takers so far...

I remain to be convinced that some of the nettles I came across (brushed past) were of the common or garden British variety as my left forearm is still aglow over 24 hours later and they were way taller than the regular sort. Such is the peril of the path less travelled I guess.

Wasp stings - I'll buy the theory but take a rain check on the practical demonstration please. I am wasp killer in chief in my office where the so called men literally run about squealing whenever one enters the rooms.

mike e

Greg, you appear to be a brave man, posting on here about ssssssshhh (mtb's) ssshhhhhhhhh

pm me and we can have a right good chin-wag away from here.....;)

mike e

ttcycle said:
Hi Simon

would love to do this ride but am not sure I can get my stolen bike replaced in time- so a maybe for now - will email if it's a yes.

Sorry to hear about the bike tt, just as we were getting to know you as well, from your reluctance to post pic's we don't know that much about you but I would lend you a bike for one of these rides but I may be a little taller than you? also I have the added problem of getting the bike to you (by train)

I'm sure something will sort itself out so you can enjoy the FNRttC experience.

Sadly I'll not be around for this - which is poor organisation on my part because it's only just over a mile from breakfast to my bed. I can sneak in even before Mrs. Wow realises that I'm not there.

But we'll be in Dorset trying out a few hills.

If you want to add a small loop and some history, Simon, you can always visit Priory Park, the site of probably the finest Saxon remains ever discovered (King Saebert's Burial Chamber) and the road that remains single carriageway (Southend 1 - 0 Southend Council).

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
mike e said:
Sorry to hear about the bike tt, just as we were getting to know you as well, from your reluctance to post pic's we don't know that much about you but I would lend you a bike for one of these rides but I may be a little taller than you? also I have the added problem of getting the bike to you (by train)

I'm sure something will sort itself out so you can enjoy the FNRttC experience.

Mike e - that's a really nice offer but I am indeed a short arse at 5 ft 3 (I blame genetics) so I reckon you'd be quite a bit taller than me.

I'll try and find a way to get on a ride soon and meet you all. :blush:

GregCollins said:
I remain to be convinced that some of the nettles I came across (brushed past) were of the common or garden British variety as my left forearm is still aglow over 24 hours later and they were way taller than the regular sort. Such is the peril of the path less travelled I guess.

Rub a load of dock leaves over the nettle stings marks, so that the leaves disintegrate. This will neutralise the stings.

Count me in as well please, Simon.

Whilst I agree about the limited amount of cycling in countryside, the final few miles are lovely, especially the run along the sea front.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Flying Dodo said:
Rub a load of dock leaves over the nettle stings marks, so that the leaves disintegrate. This will neutralise the stings.

actually the juice/sap of the nettle plant itself, if grasped firmly of course, does the same job and does away with the need to find and identify said dock.

however both presuppose I'm stopping at some point - which when mtb'ing I ain't!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
mike e said:
Greg, you appear to be a brave man, posting on here about ssssssshhh (mtb's) ssshhhhhhhhh

pm me and we can have a right good chin-wag away from here.....:sad:

I'm out and I'm proud.:thumbsup:

mike e

GregCollins said:
I'm out and I'm proud.:biggrin:

I shall resist the urge to engage in (offroad) chat here.........

However down here it feels much better...:sad:

So what bike do you ride? good riding down where you are? them knobbly tyres don't half grip well don't you find?.......:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I propose the FNORRttC...:thumbsup:

Top Bottom