FNRttC FNRttC 2nd October to Southend-on-Sea 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
we could easily do FNORRttC London to Brighton, just have to find a tidy, mainly off road, route from HPC to Guildford. From there; downslink to Steying, onto South Downs Way there and thusly to Devils Dyke. Sorted.

(Roadies look away now Mike e - My new squeeze is a Boardman HT Pro (Yes from Halfords) via cycle to work with Conti Mountain King Protection 2.2 rear 2.4 front as original Speed Kings were bit fragile for someone my size it seems and lasted two rides before the gaffer tape was called for! Brooks B17N, bar ends, and white grips - fashion faux pas all but who cares. She needs a bigger front rotor in my view, next upgrade, and I'm thiniking of putting an X.0 twistshift on for the front mech as the trigger shifter kills my thumb on every ride. No mountains round here but some good singletrack if you know where to look and some epic, if gentle XC riding to be had if you put your mind to it. Hoping to get a couple of trips to some trail centres to try her out properly before Christmas but once rugby season starts in earnest my MTB/FNRttC/spare time will get severely restricted by my refereeing commitments; 3 matches a week most weeks. I only returned cycling to get get fit to referee! My biggest impediment ff road is actually my lack of nerve/skill. Had a big, BIG, bike and body breaking stack in Les Gets a few years ago, my own fault, and gave up MTB as a result - trying to piece my shattered bottle back together but it is a slow, nervous, and frustrating process. Have an old steel Rockhopper and a Kona Kilaeau SS MTB too)

Shrimp_Stu

Can you put me down as a possible - with a plus one (Aussie mate from work interested - would be a good opportunity for an uninterrupted Ashes gloat :sad: ).
Considering I work in London, live Southend I can check out how feasible the c2w scheme is!!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Eric B
Steve vw
Martin F
Sig E
Stuart A
Rachael W
Ian A
Davy S
Mike E
Andrij B
Matt
Chris
Greg C
User10571 B
Claudine C with a question mark
Pippa G
Alina E
Lee S
Angela-Marie G
Tim H
et fils
Katie C
Adrian C
Adam B
Lee T
Tim H
Helen H
James H
Bridget M
Susie F
Des O'D
Stuart G

ttcylce - you need to get back to me by e-mail

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Wowbagger said:
Simon, you can always visit Priory Park, the site of probably the finest Saxon remains ever discovered (King Saebert's Burial Chamber) and the road that remains single carriageway (Southend 1 - 0 Southend Council).
hooray!

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Please can zou put down for our cherrz-popping ride:

Auntie Helen
Uncle James

We will be celebrating our sixteenth wedding anniversarz on this date too!

Oops, need to get used to an English kezboard again!

Anniversary? Oh no! Does this mean drinks to celebrate? (I know you don't Auntie, but there's nothing stopping another case of acute pelotonitis developing...) Cast Uncle adrift in a sea of bonhomie. Actually, after last week, there is a distinct penchant for sticky toffee pudding and custard to follow a F.E.B. - or indeed a '99' or two, so things might suit you very nicekly on the cake stakes.
Welcome back to a serious cycling country. :wacko:

ChrisKH

Guru
So cake and alcohol is in order then, Helen? :wacko:

Which reminds me it's our 15th anniversary this year (and 30 years together) so must think of something special. Can't see Mrs. KH joining me for a ride though unless it was in a car.........

It will be fine for her to drive along to the seafront with the wines and champers Chris...don't dampen Mrs KH's enthusiasm for sharing with the mere threat of a bicycle ride.
Mmmm champagne - I feel a mousseketeer mouseketeer moment coming on...
:wacko:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Still no alcohol for me, folks, but James will enjoy a beer/wine as usual!

I feel rather under-caked as I only had about four cakes in Germany for some unfathomable reason (Pippa and I were trying to work out why we had so little cake as we sat at Manningtree Station this morning with our half breakfasts).

I bought James back a bottle of Riesling so have won some brownie points!

Tim Hall

dellzeqq said:
<snip>

Tim H
and partner

<snip>

there's clearly a bit of high stakes Tim 'aitchery going on here. They both sign up within seconds, and they're both bringing the family. ttcylce - you need to get back to me by e-mail

Oops, mucho confusion, not to say embarrassment and potential threat of legal action. The partner listed above is not the delightful Mrs. Hall, who is not really a nocturnal type. She tried one FNRTTC and, dismayed that TimO couldn't answer her simple question about Gaussian canons, decided they were not for her.

The partner I refer to is one who appears already on your list, is an FNRTTC ancien (ancienne?), sometime triathlete and has ridden, oh, hundreds of metres on the front of the Pino. I leave it to the lady in question to say whether she's willing to take such a position again. Mind you, there's even more chance she'd get oil on her legs.

ChrisKH

Guru
If there's something the German's do well it is cake. We always make a point of doing the German buffet at Disney because the Strudel and other German cakes are out of this world and you can eat as much as you like. I'm very fortunate to have a European trained Patisseur for a father-in-law but he rarely bakes in anger these days. Just as well as I get fat just looking at them.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
darn it. Got told last night I'm being likely to assessed on the rugby pitch on the Saturday of the Southend run. Probably my only shot at promotion as a ref this season and don't think a sleepless night cycling followed by a train dash from Southend to a Sussex rugby pitch pausing only to leap into my No. 1's en route to the car is the best preparation.

and I will put money that my game will get cancelled I'll get reappointed to another match at the other end of the county, no one will tell the assessor and (s)he will turn up at the original club and assess someone else instead who, merely by dint of being being more talented and deserving, faster, fitter, more youthful and probably better looking, will get promoted instead of me. There speaks the voice of (bitter) experience.

Scrub me from the list please Simon. Sorry.

Top Bottom