Food Thief!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bman

Guru
Ok. So I work in a role that requires 24/7 cover. There are 4 shifts of 4 people rotating to provide that cover. So sometimes there are occasions where one shift may not be working for 6 days at a time.

I left some food in the fridge on my last block of shifts, 6 days later (the food *was* still in date) its gone! Just checked my desk drawer and only have 4 chocolate bars left (out of a 28 multipack) I only bought them 8 days ago! I dont eat that much Chocolate! :sad::thumbsup:! They are just there if I have nothing else to eat.

Any ideas on how to (identify, then) get back at the culprit? ;):evil:

Plax

Guru
Make a comment about how you forgot to throw your food out after salivating in it / dropping it on the floor by the toilet / picking out a dead insect etc and see which one gags first.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Had it before. A bloke I worked with would eat my sarnies but leave the wrapping in the fridge ;). Work that out. Must be a kind of 'well yes I nicked it but surely the fridge fairies took it and didn't fancy the plastic' kind of thing.

Get some really old and stinking cooked meat, put it into packaging with a decent use-by and then .....

:sad:

See who runs to the loo first.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Anything good goes even when on a 9-5......we had this at the last place I worked. It was one of the Fat QS barstewards that would nick stuff......

Mr Pig

Years ago six of us worked in a screen printing and graphics workshop. One guy went home for lunch, as he lived just across the park, and every day when he came back he lift a can of someone else's coke off the table and take a swig.

The girls got pissed off with it and mixed up ink, photo opaque and other crap and put it in a can! He took a big swig then spat it all over the floor! :0) Didn't work though, he still grabbed a can after that but looked into it before drinking.

Blackcurrant yoghurt is the answer!

Buy one, with a price ticket on the top, then peel back and inject some blue ink into the container, and shake well, then reeseal.

Now put a small sign onit saying "Do NOT eat"

When your mother told you that your tongue would turn blue if you lied, she may not have been telling the whole truth, but in this case the tongue of the thief will definitely turn blue!

OP
OP
Bman

Bman

Guru
Some nice ideas. Im trying my hardest not to be malicious (or get the sack). But TBH, they deserve it.

However, most of these ideas wont work for me as I see some of these people only for about 30mins each month! When they are at work, I am not and vice versa :evil:

Mr Pig

I would have a nice word with them explaining that someone is stealing your food and asking if who ever it was would please stop it. If they don't then you can move in to stronger measures but until you've spoken to them I don't see that you can do much else. Other than hide your food...

Noodley

Walk into the room and ask loudly "Which one of you f***ers stole my food?" You'll be able to tell straight away who did it. Then ask them loudly why they stole from you and whether they think it is justified? Make sure you are pointing a finger at them and snarling when you do this...then threaten to smash their face in if they ever do it again, and mean it. ;)

Top Bottom