Football Commentators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

I seriously wonder at how exasperasted they get explaining the proverbial ESPECIALLY when a goal goes in....

It never fails to amaze myself...

Like, Everton recently got into the final of the FA Cup and youd think they'd won the world cup but no...they where basically gave the bloody game by Man U. ;)

And the commentary on the Everton side was soo unbeleivable I thought they'd have a coronary or something...

How can anyone get so excited over 22 men - a ball and a load of grass + 90mins' is amazing in my mind...

:thumbsup:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Did you hear the Arse V scousers coverage on talksport last night? The guy sounded like his head was gonna pop by the time the eighth goal went in!

girofan

Yep, yenrod, they are not supporting 22 players + ball. They're supporting big business who charge them extortionate amounts of cash for a season ticket and giving the best views on the ground to other members of the plutocrat club who can afford a corporate box.
When in God's name will supporters wake-up to the fact that it's not a Manchester/Birmingham/London team they are following. It's a company going under the name of one of the above!

Kovu

Über Member
dan_bo said:
Did you hear the Arse V scousers coverage on talksport last night? The guy sounded like his head was gonna pop by the time the eighth goal went in!

That was funny ... just a constant repetition of "Oh I can't believe it!"

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
well I disagree. I'm a fan of those spanish and latin american commentaries that go GGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!
for about twenty seconds

PaulB

Legendary Member
yenrod said:
How can anyone get so excited over 22 men - a ball and a load of grass + 90mins' is amazing in my mind...

How anyone can't is amazing to my mind. I feel like there's something missing during the close season and it's clear you don't "get it" if you think it's people getting "excited over 22 men - a ball and a load of grass". Some of the most memorable times of my entire life have been at football matches but you need to leave the TV viewing of it behind and actually watch a number of games live to even begin to understand it. And once you do, it's like the best roller-coaster going. As well as the sense of cameraderie and belonging, it livens up a cold and miserable winter if nowt else.

PaulB

Legendary Member
dan_bo said:

"the Arse" weren't playing "the Scousers" last night. What a southern-centric viewpoint. To fit in with your description, it'd be more accurate to say Liverpool V the cockneys as it was at Anfield. And eight goals! Eight goals! I didn't watch it on TV as I was there but I can understand his excitement at seeing non-stop, end-to-end football where the winner was not known until the final whistle. Now THAT'S exciting!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I suppose it shows that the commentators are passionate about the game, if nothing else. Alan Green is a dick though by any standard!

The best thing about last night's game was seeing Rafa, the fat waiter, getting apoplexy:biggrin:

El-Pool are just a team of dagos, and Arse-anal are the French Foreign Legion. :mrpig:

PaulB

Legendary Member
Dayvo said:
Having a Spanish manager, Spanish players make up a fair number of the El-Pool squad.

For the same reason, Arsenal (Arsene Wenger) have a large number of French players in their squad.

It's not racist, it's a fact and an observation.

So the term "Dago" is not racist? I'll leave others to judge but to me, it is.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Dayvo said:
Having a Spanish manager, Spanish players make up a fair number of the El-Pool squad.

For the same reason, Arsenal (Arsene Wenger) have a large number of French players in their squad.

It's not racist, it's a fact and an observation.

yidarmi, yidarmi,yidarmi:evil::mrpig::biggrin:

Top Bottom