FREE CYCLING INFORMATION FOR FAMILIES

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidhalfords

Hi Guys,

Dave from Halfords here, I thought you might like to know about a new website launched <>.

<> offers a whole host of information for families, including tips for parents on teaching their children to ride a bike, bike safety and the best places to visit for family bike rides. The routes form part of the 12,000-mile National Cycle Network and have lots to keep the family entertained. They variously include refreshment stops, artworks to enhance the journey and access to attractions like parks and nature reserves.Plus there are Q&As from Olympic cyclists including Chris Boardman and members of our own Team Halfords Bikehut.

Take care cycling
Dave

Just had a quick cursory look ...

Part of main Halfords site and seems to be a big advert for them. Does contain some useful information though on bike sizing, but also contains recommendations that I would personally argue against.

Only having 5 routes in in London & SE and 5 in the rest of the country leaves a hell of a lot of country uncovered, especially my neck of the woods. Would also be nice to see rides that are family friendly, but do not rely on Sustrans routes. There are plenty about.

adscrim

Veteran
davidhalfords said:
Hi Guys,

Dave from Halfords here, I thought you might like to know about a new website launched <>.

<> offers a whole host of information for families, including tips for parents on teaching their children to ride a bike, bike safety and the best places to visit for family bike rides. The routes form part of the 12,000-mile National Cycle Network and have lots to keep the family entertained. They variously include refreshment stops, artworks to enhance the journey and access to attractions like parks and nature reserves.Plus there are Q&As from Olympic cyclists including Chris Boardman and members of our own Team Halfords Bikehut.

Take care cycling
Dave

How come I can't see past the branding and advertising on the this new website that part of the Halfords website. I have nothing against halfords as such, I ride a boardman, but are you not simply taking advantage of this forum to get more people on the halfords website?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hmmm, I see this is one of the routes.

Type: Half traffic-free, half minor road
Length: 9 miles
This beautiful ride starts from the historic city of York and winds its way north towards Beningbrough Hall.
The route starts on the riverside path beside the River Ouse and follows a traffic-free trail for the first half, later turning into a quiet lane for the rest of the journey through the little villages of Overton and Shipton and on to Beningbrough Hall.

Well, it's nice enough, but has one of the most annoying cyclepaths in York, in my mind, thanks to the half-dozen, narrow, round-barred, rattly, cattle grids in the first couple of miles... I think 'beautiful' is over egging it a bit...

The York-Selby cyclepath is much nicer in my mind, and has the added interest of the scale map of the solar system along it..:whistle:

This is our first real opportunity to engage with a Halfords representative, we should perhaps make an effort to be unicynical.

Bigtwin

mickle said:
This is our first real opportunity to engage with a Halfords representative, we should perhaps make an effort to be unicynical.

Why? My experience of them for very very many years is that they are awful. As witnessed by that thread running on their service.

Nothing against Dave personally, but Halfords is a simply awful shop.

Bigtwin said:
Why? My experience of them for very very many years is that they are awful. As witnessed by that thread running on their service.

Nothing against Dave personally, but Halfords is a simply awful shop.

i was trying to be ironical.

Shaun

Founder
Hi Dave,

If you wish to post advertising or marketing materials on CycleChat, please contact me for approval first.

I've removed the links in your post for now, but will be happy to reinstate them if you get in touch with me or decide to become an active member of this forum.

Fair's fair :biggrin:

Thanks,
Shaun

Top Bottom