Friday Night is What's your Favourite Song this Week Night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Had this stuck in my head while out riding.

Your exactly like me. they were shite after Back In Black. Their my favourite band but not after 1980. I think Johnstons voice has been terrible for ages now. Bon Scott must have had a big influence on song writing as the majority of the later stuff is just really naff.
Bon is the greatest front man and songwriter ever in my book. Nobody comes close.

Johnson is so poor in both writing and singing it's embarrassing. Just look at the set list for any ACDC gigs and the Bon-era stuff is overwhelmingly to the fore. I'd go as far as saying that I have seen tribute bands with more passion and talent than Johnson.

I have typed this all before (I am a bit of a ranty twat who repeats the same load of shite) but...I went to see ACDC this year after many years of "never see ACDC without Bon" and it is a big regret. I don't usually do "regrets" and all that shite. In fact it's the first time ever. But it reinforced just how good they were with Bon/Malcolm/Angus/Phil and Mark/Cliff. If only Bon had lived, I reckon there would have been no challengers to any rock title ever. He'd have moved them on, as it is they are stuck doing what they did when Bon died. Angus and Malcolm did well to keep it going. Now that Malcolm has gone they are just flat; there is only so much Angus can do. Cliff and Chris "Mr Thunderstruck" Slade are so out of synch it was unbelievable, and Steve Young might as well have given his guitar to a roadie (no disrespect to roadies!) ...

I actually enjoyed the support band more. And they were a good pub band at best!

Slioch

Guru
There is some seriously great music being posted up here tonight. A lot that I've never heard before but really like. Thanks chaps and chapettes.

Here's my contribution - just can't stop this running round in my head at the moment...............

Top Bottom