FNRttC Friday Night Ride to......Brighton on Friday 17th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hatler

Guru
How come, with only a day to go, this thread isn't a hive of activity ?

Weather looking just about benign (well, it was five minutes ago). A tailwind(ish), and no rain. Mild night.

Can't wait !!

rb58

Enigma
I may put a rack and bag on my bike for this one (as a test for when we're in Spain later in the year). Haven't got a clue what to put in it though.

Tim Hall

When I was younger (so much younger than today, I did training hikes with two house bricks, lovingly wrapped in newspaper, in my rucksack.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I may put a rack and bag on my bike for this one (as a test for when we're in Spain later in the year). Haven't got a clue what to put in it though.
Put water in containers (eg milk cartons etc). You can drink the water and when you get tired of the weight you can tip it on the ground. And it's easy to work out the weight cos one litre is one kilogram.
if you oput real actual kit you are lumbered with it until you get home - and can't drink it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
have you actually read that article

Yes a few times. As the first couple of times I can't believe we would actually put ourselves through that much pain.

Trickedem

Guru
I've lived the article! I got to to 2800m last time, so just 500m of oxygen deprived effort from the top.
We are indeed flying to Malaga, then touring around the Sierra Nevada. the big climb is the Pico Valeta, the highest cyclable road in Europe.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Apologies for thread resurrection but this might be useful:
They were recommended by A Famous Name In Audax but sad to say I snapped the larger of the two on a tyre of @AKA Bob in the Netherlands so they are not as strong as I had hoped. And they are about six times the price of the €1.55 tyre levers I bought in a Dutch bike shop. So my recommendation is now half-hearted.

U

User10571

I've lived the article! I got to to 2800m last time, so just 500m of oxygen deprived effort from the top.
We are indeed flying to Malaga, then touring around the Sierra Nevada. the big climb is the Pico Valeta, the highest cyclable road in Europe.
Kudos.
To you all.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've probably not paid attention at the back of the class, but I don't have a mobile number for The Great and Glorious Leader of this ride. Could somebody PM it to me in case I need to dip at the last minute? Thank you.

Top Bottom