FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - 16th May 2014, York to Hull

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I'd love to do something like this, but wouldn't be able to manage the distance. If I start training now I might be able to manage in 2015!
What sort of distances do you ride at the moment? When I did my first FNRttC it was the longest ride I'd done by quite a stretch, as well as the first time I'd ridden through the night.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
What sort of distances do you ride at the moment? When I did my first FNRttC it was the longest ride I'd done by quite a stretch, as well as the first time I'd ridden through the night.
I've not done more than 25 miles for the last couple of years. I've done further in the past so I know I could manage the distance, but not without a bit more practice. It's something to plan for next year :smile:

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Such a good time on this ride last year. Should I do it again or will it not live up to my memories? Anyone fancy riding back to York from Hull?

Of course you should. I was one of those that rode back to York last year, and may do again this year, if Mrs Uncle Phil agrees (she's coming too. And we may bring the tandem, so it's going to be hard if she doesn't like the idea).

I'm up for riding back to York. I've booked a ticket to York on Friday night, but haven't booked a return yet - I can't remember what time we got in to York last year! Can anyone else who rode back remember...?!

(I'm aware that I haven't actually registered yet. I will!)

mmmmartin

Random geezer
www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01rrh5f

Is, I hope, a link to a 10 minute programme about the glories of the Humber Bridge, how it hangs together and why it is one of the wonders of the world. I've ridden across it five times in a variety of weather, and my wonder never diminishes.
This ride is one of the best in the FNRttC calendar, have no doubt.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Email sent.

U

User10571

Brompton/Other folder?
Other train, more like
I'm on the slightly spendier 20:00.
Email sent to our leader.
Anyone likely to be taking refreshment anywhere in the proximity of The Minster from around 22:00?
I'm not buying a return ticket from Hull, on the premise that it'll be easier on the pocket to buy a groupsave on the day.
Or am I the only one thinking in those terms, thus rendering my thrifty plan useless?
All of the above pivots around my employer granting me a day's leave that day.

U

User10571

Here's a pertinent point - in the absence of any specific info on Northern Trains' site, I'm assuming last year's landslip on the line from Hull to Goole is now fixed?
If memory serves, it happened before last year's ride, but didn't affect Hull to London services.
Comme ca!
https://www.networkrailmediacentre....line-at-Hatfield-Stainforth-reopens-1dda.aspx

From this
13245212323_329e11415b.jpg

To this
13245226813_6ac85c650f_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom