FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - 16th May 2014, York to Hull

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As is traditional, anyone needing a place to hang out (including in order to take advantage of cheaper train tix) before the ride in York on Friday afternoon/evening will be very welcome round the Den. Coffee and carb loading opportunities provided.

Limited (depending on how friendly everyone is, cos the Den isn't huge!) accommodation available in York for Sat night.

And if those undertaking recce rides and the like need dinner before they go or places to crash, feel free to get in touch and I'll see what the Calendar is up to on the relevant dates!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Although I still have some issues with the York ride (like not having made it up to it yet), I'm going to save myself this year for the Cardiff - Swansea ride and ride down with @Aperitif

U

User10571

[QUOTE 2984917, member: 10119"]As is traditional, anyone needing a place to hang out (including in order to take advantage of cheaper train tix) before the ride in York on Friday afternoon/evening will be very welcome round the Den. Coffee and carb loading opportunities provided.

Limited (depending on how friendly everyone is, cos the Den isn't huge!) accommodation available in York for Sat night.

And if those undertaking recce rides and the like need dinner before they go or places to crash, feel free to get in touch and I'll see what the Calendar is up to on the relevant dates![/QUOTE]
Having availed myself of the (extended, and not detailed here) facilities at the den last year, my only comment is that I was taken aback as to how hospitable and accommodating CL was and, I am sure, still is.
Hospitality beyond reason.
The cubs were a hoot too!

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
So far I've had no response from the Chorlton (CH) massive so I've ordered my own train tickets.
I arrive in York at 23.09 (only £7.00) and I leave Hull at 11.40 (£19.00 :ohmy:).
I could have got a cheaper return but I'd have had to wait a couple of extra hours and I figured that I'd make up the difference by drinking more beer while I was waiting.

I'll keep working on the Chorlton (CH) massive.
Slackers.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Email sent - gulp

No trains needed (or available) where I am coming from - Thanks Dr Beeching.
Honestly, this is as straightforward a 72 mile trip as one could wish for. In one sense it's the perfect FNRttC - the packaging says 'Big Adeventure' but the contents are 'A Reasonably Fun Night Out'. And Goole at two in the morning is wonderful.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Yes indeedy. Riding out of York from the Minster is great, esp after Pizza Express and a full tummy. And Goole is great, beaten only by riding below sea level, which in turn is beaten only by The Bridge. I'd deffo be on this ride if I wasn't doing the recce for Le Tour des Vendredis*

*more correct translations are available

U

User10571

Other train, more like
I'm on the slightly spendier 20:00.
Email sent to our leader.
Anyone likely to be taking refreshment anywhere in the proximity of The Minster from around 22:00?
I'm not buying a return ticket from Hull, on the premise that it'll be easier on the pocket to buy a groupsave on the day.
Or am I the only one thinking in those terms, thus rendering my thrifty plan useless?
All of the above pivots around my employer granting me a day's leave that day.
Annual leave granted
\o/

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Pics or you lyin'
It's finally here:-

12014546446_9234376ba1_z.jpg
14-01-18 New Enigma RHS
by Chocolatebike1, on Flickr

12013733325_eb39ab95ae_z.jpg
14-01-18 New Enigma LHS
by Chocolatebike1, on Flickr

The saddle needs to go up quite a bit and I think that I've picked bars that are too wide but the LBS have said that they can easily swap them.

I'm going for a bike ride tomorrow :thumbsup:

If you want a picture of the light, I'm sure that can be arranged.
It (the light) is currently undergoing a run-time test.
So far 3h10 on low and looking good.
Now if only I could say the same about my football team ..........

alans

black belt lounge lizard
I see that a train fare from Derby to York is now 3 times the cost it was a while ago ( now £48) which leaves my gob rather smacked so I'll have to dispense with equivocating about this ride.It's a definite "no"

Top Bottom