FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - 16th May 2014, York to Hull

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Can you split the tickets alan ?
Look at (for example) Derby-Sheffield* then Sheffield-York ?
I've done this in the past on other routes and I've saved a lot of money and I haven't had to change trains.

Good luck, it would be nice to see you again.

*I don't know if Sheffield is en-route, I picked it as being on a vaguely plausible route.

I see that a train fare from Derby to York is now 3 times the cost it was a while ago ( now £48) which leaves my gob rather smacked so I'll have to dispense with equivocating about this ride.It's a definite "no"
I've also managed to find DBY->YRK for just under 20 quid, and Hull->DBY on the Sunday for £11, which would get it down to about 30 quid. Is that any nearer to being on budget? I checked Blythe Bridge but that was no cheaper, couldn't remember which was the other sensible-ish station for you.

I know you _hate_ doing the train-booking-online thing so if it is nearer the mark, say so. I can get 'em booked and posted to you!

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I bought one of these for £15:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3X-CREE-X...sly4VrZrwDFIOWm%2BFMQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

It's done 3h40 min on low (1LED) and 3h30 on medium (2 LEDs).
I'm going to switch it off soon 'cos I'm going to bed but I'll probably continue the test tomorrow.
No opinion about the beam pattern because I haven't been out on the bike but I'm expecting it to be more than bright enough if a little wasteful.
There will be a brief test outdoor tomorrow evening.
One reasurring thing is that the light's housing doesn't get very warm, even when it's stationary.

wanda2010

Guru
@Andrew Br

Phew! Already have 2 x T6s, so managed to restrain myself.

alans

black belt lounge lizard
[QUOTE 2996048, member: 10119"]

I know you _hate_ doing the train-booking-online thing so if it is nearer the mark, say so. I can get 'em booked and posted to you![/QUOTE]

Not only do you know me so well,you restore my faith in human nature you do.If I wasn't married I'd propose

I'll get back to you on that

alans

black belt lounge lizard
Although my error relating to the cost of rail fares has been obviated other facts prevent me attending.
Thanks to Flying Dodo,Andrew Br & Crinklylion for your constructive input.
Hopefull I'll get to see you in the future elsewhere.

OK you lot. I'm working out a shorter (but still pleasant) return route to York. It will include a crossing of the Millennium Bridge spanning the Ouse. Not quite the Humber Bridge but impressive in its own way. I reckon from Pasaz to York Station it will be about 43 miles. I need to be in York no later than 14:00hr so will be leaving Hull around 10:00hr for a relaxed return. Shout up if interested.

3027903964_e59719aa2a_o.jpg

Top Bottom