FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 19th November - Brighton 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
No, I think you looked much better in the buff than I would!

Digging yourself out of a hole with gratuitous flattery, eh? I ilke your style. Actually I prefer to believe that instead of dropping it drunkenly and pointlessly on the floor, I gave it to someone who was feeling cold about the ears, and then forgot I had done so by the time I reached Victoria. Anyway, I have since been chatting up the people at Shutt VR (with more than a little help from Tim H), who bought the sob story and have waived the postage on a replacement.

:smile:

frank9755

Cyclist
I prefer to believe that instead of dropping it drunkenly and pointlessly on the floor, I gave it to someone who was feeling cold about the ears, and then forgot I had done so by the time I reached Victoria.
:smile:

I'd like to think so too: some poor homeless child will at least have warm ears on this winter night...

But it doesn't seem very likely. Maybe it's still on that table at the Madeira?

Anyway, I'm glad you've got another one lined up, so all's well that end's well!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'd like to think so too: some poor homeless child will at least have warm ears on this winter night...

But it doesn't seem very likely. Maybe it's still on that table at the Madeira?

Anyway, I'm glad you've got another one lined up, so all's well that end's well!

I'll send one of my lackeys into the Madeira to make enquiries although the likelihood of the Chanel No5 scented accoutrement de jour still being unclaimed is as slim as OGL's waistline.

iLB

Hello there
wave.gif
thumbsup.png

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I popped into the Seagull yesterday en passant and the waitress said she had found the buff and given it to one of the cyclists :ohmy: :ohmy:

The plot thickens!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Did you think that she meant one of the cyclists who was there at the time, or a cyclist in general?

Did you show her Fingers Frank's photo, just to eliminate the obvious.

She said it was a handsome devil so I assumed it was a complete stranger

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I popped into the Seagull yesterday en passant and the waitress said she had found the buff and given it to one of the cyclists :ohmy: :ohmy:

The plot thickens!

Then it's clearly hopeless. Did you see the state of the cyclists in that place? Disgraceful!

frank9755

Cyclist
Now I appreciate that I may be being a bit thick here but I fail to see the problem.

One of the reasons that the Lockerbie bomber was convicted was because a Maltese shopkeeper identified him in an identity parade. However, this was considered to be less credible when it became clear that the reason he was familiar to the shopkeeper was because he had recently seen his picture. I forget but it was either because it had been in a magazine or because the police showed it to him.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
I had a real déjà vu moment as we came into Brighton.

I took so long to commit this to copy, because I didn't know whether it would just sound daft, but I thought today, I need to capture this moment, so here goes.

If I may digress for a while, in the early to mid-1970s, my much older brother-in-law owned and ran a hi-fi and record shop in North Street, Brighton. Each school holiday, Easter, Summer and Christmas for about three successive years, I would pack my bags and head off from home with my trusty Raleigh to spend the holiday working in the singles basement of the shop. A dream holiday for a teenager! My bro-in-law and sister lived a few miles west out of town in Portslade, and I would commute in and out on the Raleigh each day.

So as we came down Dyke Road two Saturdays ago, swung a left on the mini roundabout and headed down the steep slope by the western side of the train station, it suddenly dawned on me that the last time I'd done this on a bike was about 35 years ago. This was my exact commute route.

It was just such a weird feeling at the time.

Sorry, I just had to share that one.

Top Bottom