FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Brighton 9th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I may be able to come along, Is it too late to sign up for this one? I just need to some final checks, get a free pass out from the enemy..check beer tokens etc.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Bu99er ... just noticed sole of both cycle shoes coming significantly adrift at the heel ... hope LBS has new ones in my size tomorrow morning ;-(

U

User10571

My scan of forecasts on yr.no, Weather spark and XC weather returns an average of 'Wear waterproofs and there won't be too much to worry about'.
It is not like me to be so laissez faire when it comes to the weather.
It is only water. At the end of the day.....
Come armed with dry duplicate gloves and sox (inna dry bag) and you'll prolly wonder what the fuss was all about, and where are the rest of the people who said they'd be on this ride?
Just sayin'....
Oh. May. He. Eat. His. Words.
I may be experimenting with a Marigold product and the ingress protection of my overshoes.
That in itself should be sufficient to cause those considering hiding under the duvet for the night to change their minds.
Maybe

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I've lost a glove! Mitigating action taken by way of a couple of Halfords reservations if Aldi has nothing knocking around.

Still undecided on whether to bring waterproof trousers or not...

humbert15

I'm torn on this one. I really want to ride my second FNRttC and you're coming to my home town! But I have an unhappy knee that has been complaining with gradually increasing vociferousness on longer rides. I think it's a slightly torn cartilage (I've had a couple before...feels similar). Getting it cold and wet and then stop-start riding on it for 6 or 7 hours probably isn't the wisest course of action. And yet... Oh I don't know. I'll see you if I see you I guess. If I don't, have a splendid ride!

Fab Foodie

[QUOTE 3070295, member: 30090"]Duck tape, a bit of superglue, overshoes and hope for the best..[/QUOTE]
Phew, LBS had suitable new shooz at an affordable price .... we're on the road again! Weather looks shocking however ... ho hum, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger or someother bollicks ....

Fab Foodie

I'm torn on this one. I really want to ride my second FNRttC and you're coming to my home town! But I have an unhappy knee that has been complaining with gradually increasing vociferousness on longer rides. I think it's a slightly torn cartilage (I've had a couple before...feels similar). Getting it cold and wet and then stop-start riding on it for 6 or 7 hours probably isn't the wisest course of action. And yet... Oh I don't know. I'll see you if I see you I guess. If I don't, have a splendid ride!
Bummer :sad:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
A voice in the wilderness, I know, and I've said this loads of times, but mittens are miles better than gloves. You need nice big ones with soft palms, none of this reinforcement nonsense. If you simply must wear gloves, then the only ones worth having, and the very best that money can buy, are British Army Afghanistan issue leather gloves, found on eBay for about £15. Get a large size so your fingers are not squeezed and in colder weather you can wear thin ones underneath. That is the end of the public information broadcast.

Top Bottom