FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Southend on Sea 7th November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I wont be leaving Southend until at least 9am as I will be waiting for Grace. So @redfalo , you may need/want to leave earlier.

Bless ya guvnor.

@redfalo

I'm planning to be at the pub. If I stoke for Andy then I'll grab one of my bikes when I get back to mine and head into wherever drinks are being consumed unless I'm too tempted by the comforts of my home.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Frank, I'm expecting a lot of merry cyclists at the end of this. Still remember turning up to ABO for Xmas and getting a rowdy cheer. Bloody weird-that's what beer and ale does.

rb58

Enigma
For those riding back to SE London and planning to use the Dartford Crossing, don't forget there's no service between 9.00am and 10.30am.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Adam B
Adrian C
Andrew Br
Andrew By
Andrew F
Andrij B
Angus L
Anna D
Anne H
Anne M
Arthur C
Bruce R
Carl P1
Charles E
Charlie B
Charlie M
Chris B
Chris S
Chris W
Claudine C
Clive B
Clive P
Dan P
Daniel A
Dave F
Dave J
David C
David H
David P
Davy S
Diana J
Dr John B
Eddie C
Ejaz R
Frank P
Gail G
Gary J
Geoff S
Georgios V
Gordon P
Graham P
Grahame D
Greg S
Greg T
Iain C
Ian At
Ian McS
Jenny M
Jeremy C
John E
John M
John S
John T
Julie G
Kai N
Kim W
Lee T
Mark G
Martin F
Martin T
Martin W
Mary L
Michael A
Mick B
Mick D
Mike E
Mike M
Miranda S
Nick L
Nigel Cri
Olaf S
Paul Rd
Peter D
Peter M
Peter M
Rachel S
Rachel W
Rebecca O
Rob Hy
Ross C
Sahar
Sandra S
Selena M
Sig E
Sonia W
Stephen O
Stephen T
Stephen W
Steve R
Steve W
Steve W
Stuart A
Stuart G
Susana L
Susie F
Tacey L
Thom F
Tim H
Tim O
Titus H
Vernon L
Xi C

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Adam B
Adrian C
Andrew Br
Andrew By
Andrew F
Andrij B
Angus L
Anna D
Anne H
Anne M
Arthur C
Bruce R
Carl P1
Charles E
Charlie B
Charlie M
Chris B
Chris S
Chris W
Claudine C
Clive B
Clive P
Dan P
Daniel A
Dave F
Dave J
David C
David H
David P
Davy S
Diana J
Dr John B
Eddie C
Ejaz R
Frank P
Gail G
Gary J
Geoff S
Georgios V
Gordon P
Graham P
Grahame D
Greg S
Greg T
Iain C
Ian At
Ian McS
Jenny M
Jeremy C
John E
John M
John S
John T
Julie G
Kai N
Kim W
Lee T
Mark G
Martin F
Martin T
Martin W
Mary L
Michael A
Mick B
Mick D
Mike E
Mike M
Miranda S
Nick L
Nigel Cri
Olaf S
Paul Rd
Peter D
Peter M
Peter M
Rachel S
Rachel W
Rebecca O
Rob Hy
Ross C
Sahar
Sandra S
Selena M
Sig E
Sonia W
Stephen O
Stephen T
Stephen W
Steve R
Steve W
Steve W
Stuart A
Stuart G
Susana L
Susie F
Tacey L
Thom F
Tim H
Tim O
Titus H
Vernon L
Xi C
Southend has never been that popular!

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I'm not riding it myself, but I think it would be a good idea to get the agreement of all intending to ride back into London before deciding to do more miles, or up the pace, or have a shorter stop at Southend.

I'm also not convinced that you could complete 200km in audax time if the first part of the ride is an FNR without blatting it for the rest.
Clarion makes a good point redfalo.
Let's discuss further. One thing I definitely don't want to miss is the p*ss-up back in London; that's the only main reason why I'm doing the ride.

BigGee

I will be riding back to NE London (Woodford Green) after the ride, usually go via Wickford, Billericay, Brentwood, Chigwell and Woodford Bridge, its a much nicer ride than the A13!. Its around 40 miles to my house and another 8 or so onto LMNH, if that is where you will be heading afterwards. I need to do this one as my November century.

I will be leaving right after breakfast and glad of the company if anyone wants to join me.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
I will be riding back to NE London (Woodford Green) after the ride, usually go via Wickford, Billericay, Brentwood, Chigwell and Woodford Bridge, its a much nicer ride than the A13!. Its around 40 miles to my house and another 8 or so onto LMNH, if that is where you will be heading afterwards. I need to do this one as my November century.

I will be leaving right after breakfast and glad of the company if anyone wants to join me.

This would be my route back into the city. Only a brief patch of it on the A13 until Benfleet. http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=isejzyvkjrylembw

BigGee

This would be my route back into the city. Only a brief patch of it on the A13 until Benfleet. http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=isejzyvkjrylembw

This would be my route http://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/8309793 probably a bit more rural and a little bit less stop start as you begin to hit the city, but maybe a touch further as it is not quite as direct as you go straight into the city. If you are going into town you can divert at the end to the Green Man roundabout and go straight down Leytonstone High Rd to Stratford and then into town.

Top Bottom