Friends - reunited?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
From personal experience I have found ex-partners are best left at that. After all they are ex for pretty good reasons. The world is full of people I haven't met yet, so why waste my time with people who I ditched/ditched me?

Perry

ComedyPilot said:
From personal experience I have found ex-partners are best left at that. After all they are ex for pretty good reasons. The world is full of people I haven't met yet, so why waste my time with people who I ditched/ditched me?

Too true

meeting up with ex's is always odd, particularly if you recall the really wierd things you did together. Best not.

I quit FR when one of the old boys put up a post saying 'On Mir. Hi all!' My life looked pale by comparison.

I was contacted via FR by someone I was at school with. He was keen to emphasise that he was single and into body building. He lived in the back end of nowhere and suggested that I come and stay with him. I managed to find an excuse without too much of a problem.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
[stating the bleedin' obvious] I guess it all depends on you and your relationships with those people back then, and your relationships with other people now.... For me, my contacts thru FR have all been positive, which is nice... The ex I'm back in contact with is happy to realise that we split for good reasons, we've both been thru' the mill and round the houses and up hill and down dale since then, and are mature enough to recognise that we're desperate to rekindle those times we know how to deal with it! :laugh:

U

User482

It seems to me that meeting up with ex partners on FRu is a case of "grass is greener". It isn't - you're just harking back to when you were younger, slimmer, better looking and not bogged down with life's responsibilities. My bet is that very few of these relationships will last - as has been pointed out, you split up for a reason.

Two significant ex-girlfriends have tried to get in contact recently, curious timing as I'm getting married in 6 weeks. I've decided to ignore both.

MarkF

Guru
I have no interest in those sort of sites or in fact, meeting anybody I used to go to school with, I kept in touch with the people I wanted to.:smile:

I was contacted through the FRU site in January by an old school pal, now living in Barcelona. To cut a long story short he asked me to visit, I wanted sun so I did. Those 4 days in May were the longest of my life, you should always as questions before meeting, like "Are you a homeless, alcoholic, drug addict/seller.:smile:

If you are happy in your current relationship, why bother with exes at all? Just asking for trouble. Plus, most people wouldn't like it if it was the other way round and their partner was the one looking to be reunited with someone from their past.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
beanzontoast said:
If you are happy in your current relationship, why bother with exes at all? Just asking for trouble. Plus, most people wouldn't like it if it was the other way round and their partner was the one looking to be reunited with someone from their past.
Fair enough, but I am happy in my relationship (and relationships with friends, for the most part) and therefore have dealt well (I think) with those friendships I have rekindled... as said before, meeting with ex-mates was really good fun, and email contact with ex-gf has been very positive too (with no catches)... so good for me, not for everyone. I have a mate whose wife ran off with an ex met thru FR, but it's all been pretty good for moi! :laugh:

Fnaar said:
Fair enough, but I am happy in my relationship (and relationships with friends, for the most part) and therefore have dealt well (I think) with those friendships I have rekindled... as said before, meeting with ex-mates was really good fun, and email contact with ex-gf has been very positive too (with no catches)... so good for me, not for everyone. I have a mate whose wife ran off with an ex met thru FR, but it's all been pretty good for moi! :angry:

Good that your experience has been positive. Personally, I'm about as risk-averse as they come! :laugh:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Patrick Stevens said:
I was contacted via FR by someone I was at school with. He was keen to emphasise that he was single and into body building. He lived in the back end of nowhere and suggested that I come and stay with him. I managed to find an excuse without too much of a problem.

Sounds like the beginning to a really scary movie....apart from the bit that you didn't accept the invite.:laugh:

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
It was very interesting reading every ones comments on this. I decided to contact said Person. After a lot of thought,I wrote a very short and light-hearted message through the site.

Then thought oh well, might not even receive a reply. However, less than eight hours later, there was a reply. He has suggested I use his e-mail address for more contact. Now need to decide on a sensible interval before replying.

I hesitate to reply along the lines of "You *******, we broke up because you did not want to commit, and then less than two years later you got Married" :smile:

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
You've taken your first steps on the road now!!! The alacrity with which he replied would indicate his interest. The amount of time you take to reply to him won't make a blind bit of difference in the long run, so you might as well give up the playing games and just contact him.

Top Bottom