Funny things cats do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Our two cats , brother and sister would follow anyone into the bathroom and sit on the bath looking at the taps . They were desperate to drink from the mysterious fountain ! :wacko:

Kyoto does that with out bathroom tap. We then bought her a cat fountain. She's also the one that pesters for dreamies. Whilst the other's quite like them, they await her pestering.

She'll sit in front of us staring at us, not moving. If we ignore her, she'll start tapping our legs. If we carry on ignoring her, she'll either jump on our knees, stick claws in our leg, or come up close and tap our faces. This goes on until we get up, go over to the cupboard and get the packet out. This is where, out of thin air there are now 3 or 4 cats there sat waiting for Dreamies.

Slick

Guru
Kyoto does that with out bathroom tap. We then bought her a cat fountain. She's also the one that pesters for dreamies. Whilst the other's quite like them, they await her pestering.

She'll sit in front of us staring at us, not moving. If we ignore her, she'll start tapping our legs. If we carry on ignoring her, she'll either jump on our knees, stick claws in our leg, or come up close and tap our faces. This goes on until we get up, go over to the cupboard and get the packet out. This is where, out of thin air there are now 3 or 4 cats there sat waiting for Dreamies.

Yeah but there's obviously a school somewhere that kittens go to, to enable them to distinguish the gentle scrape of a Dreamie against the side of the tub and the very similar scrape of dry food. As when I rattle the dry food to try and get the boys roused for their tea, they seem unable to lift their head from their pillow, but when I try and sneak the little skinny one an extra wee treat away from his brother, the big guy comes bowling down the stairs like something out of Indianna Jones to get his share.

fossyant

Dry food vs Dreamies - nope. If we get dry food out for Kyoto, she turns her nose up if it's not Dreamies, because that is what she wants. She does mainly eat dried food though.

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
Dry food vs Dreamies - nope. If we get dry food out for Kyoto, she turns her nose up if it's not Dreamies, because that is what she wants. She does mainly eat dried food though.

We have absolutely ruined our 2 boys, and by we I mean me. :shy:

They used to eat anything we put down to them, but if they didn't scoop it up immediately I would replace it with ever increasing attempts at getting better quality grub for them. It is now a nightmare trying to get them to eat anything other than dry food, and everyone keeps telling me how bad that can be if they don't drink enough water.

They seem to have taken a liking to Tuna for breakfast followed by a lick thing that Mrs Slick calls their yoghurt, then they get their teeth done by eating dentistix things that they love.

I wish I had their morning routine. :laugh:

fossyant

Dry food is supposed to be better, but ours all do mixed (plus one has no teeth). The dried food is available 24/7 from a cat kerplunk hopper type feeder (they have to pop their paws in and grab or knock the food down a level until it comes out the bottom).

fossyant

They all use the hopper differently. Leo (rescue no teeth) is very dextrose and gets one kibble at a time. Kyoto is similar. Luna swipes them till they drop down and eats at the bottom once they fall in the tray. Simba just pulls the top of the hopper, lets go, and the shake of the hopper causes the kibble to fall down the layers to the tray.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
I bought a cheap sensory light today from B&M that shines up on the ceiling giving off an effect of the Aurora lights.It changes colour and slowly ripples around the ceiling.
The cat just come in and can't take his eyes off it

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
I paid almost 200 quid for this.

IMG-20231016-WA0012.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
We've got loads of 'Cat Beds' do they use them Nah, 1 is currently cuddling the kettle another is sat on the saddle of my trike and a third is on the rug in the kitchen so I have to treat her as a roundabout..................the other 2 are outside.
I tell Maz this but every couple of months another 'Cat Bed' is delivered..................There must be a cheaper way of getting cardboard boxes.

Top Bottom