Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
The clues are more than sufficient. I’m assuming near Rugby but all candidates matching clues, that I have found on mapping, are not it.

Mr Celine

Discordian
1711364894860.png

Here:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/G4XYwbQmC6dECwb56

On the assumption that everyone would have tried the WCML by now, what with it going through Rugby, I thought I'd have a look at the newly electrified Midland main line and found it in five minutes.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
From the shadows, heading roughly SW and on a main road.

From the OPs posting history, likely southern uplands?

The A7 south of Hawick looks like a good fit and is visually very similar, but if it is that, I can't find the spot.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
View attachment 725436
Here:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/G4XYwbQmC6dECwb56

On the assumption that everyone would have tried the WCML by now, what with it going through Rugby, I thought I'd have a look at the newly electrified Midland main line and found it in five minutes.

Was struggling to see sufficient detail to be able to identify the type of electrification. Clearly if I had seen it wasn't UK1 but Series 2, I would have been on it a lot faster.

Alex321

Veteran
From the shadows, heading roughly SW and on a main road.

I don't get that at all?

How often when heading SW, do you have the sun almost directly behind you in the UK?

Seems to me he is heading Somewhere between NW and NE, depending on the time of day.

Emanresu

You don't often see crash barriers on what looks to be a flat road. Is there a dam on the right and behind the rider on the left?

Think its north too.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
You don't often see crash barriers on what looks to be a flat road. Is there a dam on the right and behind the rider on the left?

Think its north too.

gotta be a bend or junction behind the rider judging by the long white central lines... and some sort of plaque or sign on the opposite side.
I was thinking maybe the actual border with England, but no joy on that front. Maybe a tourist attraction?

Last edited:
Top Bottom