Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Which one are we looking for or is it both @Aravis ?

Alex321

Veteran
Yes, I think no.2 shows the lowland area that is just visible in the distance on no.1.

I have my own favourite theory on which river approaching which estuary, and even which meanders, but so far can't find anywhere that fits.

I'm thinking the Wye, but haven't been able to find where yet.

It could be the Severn too. The issue I'm having is finding an appropriate part of either river without much more woods than in the photos.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Tell you what... I have guests so I might not have time tonight. I will tell you what I just spotted so you can search there instead!

I was reading this BBC report on flooding and saw a photograph of the river Conwy which looked very similar. Scroll down to the update at 15:39!

Alex321

Veteran
Tell you what... I have guests so I might not have time tonight. I will tell you what I just spotted so you can search there instead!

I was reading this BBC report on flooding and saw a photograph of the river Conwy which looked very similar. Scroll down to the update at 15:39!

Similar, but too much hill I think. I can't find anywhere in the Conwy valley with as much plain around the river as there seems to be in his photo.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
This all makes me think you need a clue, which I find surprising as I thought the general location would be fairly easy to deduce. I actually rode this road for the first time ever on Saturday. I don't think I've uploaded anything anywhere that will help you directly, but taking into account my lack of activity these days, this should give you a pretty good steer.

If you think you've looked along the whole length of a particular river, maybe consider again where it starts and finishes?

Top Bottom