Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Possible maybe

• No not at all

• would be, but can't make that date

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Gauging Interest for camping weekend

Just gauging interest to see if anyone wants to have a cycling & camping weekend in East Yorkshire. We have a small paddock near the coast, which has a public toilet block next to it (open 7am - 7pm), or possiby camping at a pub garden ;) depending on peoples preference.

I was thinking of the end of July, as there's some cycling events on in nearby Beverley.
National Circuit Race Championships on Friday, July 24,
Big G – Grimpeurs des Wolds Cyclosportive on Saturday 25th
East Riding Classic Premier Calendar Road Race on Sunday 26th
For those not wanting to go to Beverley, there's plenty of nice quiet roads & the Trans pennine trail to cycle

Arch

Married to Night Train
I might be up for that, all depends on how the PhD is going, and funds and stuff like that.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
punkypossum said:
What happens if you need the toilet after 7pm? It stays light too long at that time of year to pee behind a tent!

I could have a word with the attendant & see if they could leave it open a little longer, as they only live 2 mins away, or if it's an issue, the pub garden might be a better idea as the loos will be open till after 11 :laugh:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Soltydog said:
I could have a word with the attendant & see if they could leave it open a little longer, as they only live 2 mins away, or if it's an issue, the pub garden might be a better idea as the loos will be open till after 11 :evil:

Or we could camp in the field and spend the evening in the pub using the facilities until the sun goes down.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Phil said:
It'd be a sort of CC rally, wouldn't it? Mrs Uncle Phil and I might ride over.

We might form a York posse for the trip?

A posse? Do we get star shaped badges, and Colt 45's and stetsons?

Arch

Married to Night Train
A cardboard stetson isn't going to be much use in the rain.

Hmm, I wonder why I associate that part of the world with rain....

Top Bottom