GB Triathlete killed whilst riding a TT on the A40, Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
:sad: RIP

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Tragic.

Years ago I used to drive that stretch of road quite often and can recall seeing TTs there a few times.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Very sad. I've raced on those roads and always thought them relatively safe.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
How awful, for her family and friends. What I think is that drivers under say 65 need to retake their tests every 5 years and those over 65 every couple of years or so.Many car drivers still dont give cyclists enough room and dont look properly either.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Don't think it's necessary to retake the test at 65 but I would advocate a medical at maybe 70+, every few years.
I'm still compos mentis at 72 but eyesight is also important and should be tested. The onus should also be on relatives to spot warning signs and maybe report if their relation continues driving.

Don't think it's necessary to retake the test at 65 but I would advocate a medical at maybe 70+, every few years.
I'm still compos mentis at 72 but eyesight is also important and should be tested. The onus should also be on relatives to spot warning signs and maybe report if their relation continues driving.

With an ageing population there's going to be a lot of deaths due to unfit drivers.

Hardly a week goes by without some Oap putting their car through a high street window.

If you want to drive a car you should be re tested regularly.
It's crazy that you can go decades and decades with no testing at all.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

With an ageing population there's going to be a lot of deaths due to unfit drivers.

Hardly a week goes by without some Oap putting their car through a high street window.

If you want to drive a car you should be re tested regularly.
It's crazy that you can go decades and decades with no testing at all.

A dreadful thing to happen..... very sad

According to the article, the driver was 47 years old..... so...... not sure what the relevance of Pensioners is, have they lowered the State Pension age to 40 in Wales?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'd bring in Mandatory re-tests for anyone convicted of a 'moving traffic violation' even speeding above a certain level like 10mph over the speed limit e.g.40 in a 30 limit

Tha standard of driving on British roads is abysmal

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Very sad, that section is dual carriageway with two lanes each side and clear sight lines. No excuse for what’s happened. I rode along it once to Raglan when my gps died on an audax.

Top Bottom