GCN+ Gone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
They are not even highlights just the last x km ignoring anything of note which happened and quite often start in the middle of a discussion between commentators that is even more pointless than Carlton normally is
I watched one 'highlights' show which started with a long discussion of what might happen later once the riders got to the mountains. Would a break get away etc.

The next moment we see the peloton hurtling towards the 3 km limit and an eventual sprint finish. No sign of the mountains, no discussion of the day's break or the chase!

It was clear that somebody with no knowledge of (or interest in) pro road cycling had simply been told to cut 4 or 5 hours of footage down to 45 minutes and they had just lopped a huge chunk out of the middle!!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Another thing I've noticed about the Discovery+ app is that it's a bit dumb.

Most internet experiences these days are highly personalised, with offers of similar products to ones you've chosen in the past.

Not so D+. Despite the fact that the only thing I ever use it for is cycling, it still always greets me with suggestions of football or American TV series I've never heard of. Never cycling. And I have to click click click through it's clunky menus to get to the cycling.

Mike_P

Guru
Another thing I've noticed about the Discovery+ app is that it's a bit dumb.

Most internet experiences these days are highly personalised, with offers of similar products to ones you've chosen in the past.

Not so D+. Despite the fact that the only thing I ever use it for is cycling, it still always greets me with suggestions of football or American TV series I've never heard of. Never cycling. And I have to click click click through it's clunky menus to get to the cycling.

Depends when you open it up, sometimes it comes up with a cycle race when it's the one live event occurring. Still could do with some shortcut favourite setting so you can go straight to the cycling. Q has anyone ever found anything else worth watching on it?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Depends when you open it up, sometimes it comes up with a cycle race when it's the one live event occurring. Still could do with some shortcut favourite setting so you can go straight to the cycling. Q has anyone ever found anything else worth watching on it?

Only 'Naked Babes of Salt Lake City'...

Alex321

Veteran

I sometimes watch skiing on it.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Okay help! I’m in France (splendid) and Roubaix is on Saturday (and Sunday) and I have discovery + but it’s saying it’s not viable in france! I pay for this! It HAS to be viable for Roubaix! Any hints and tips?

rualexander

Legendary Member
Only thing you can do is try a VPN, although I believe some services can detect when you are using a VPN and still block you.

tarric

Über Member
Also pretty sure Tiz-Cycling will show it, just not sure of geographical limitations.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It's on France 3 if you can get it.

So if @Cathryn only has a laptop and no access to a telly, she might be able to stream it in France like we would use BBC Iplayer here. I did fiddle around trying to do something similar in France a couple of years ago, with limited success. IIRC did find the site for streaming but my main problem was my internet connection. I won't bore you with irrelevant and mis-remembered details but it's worth a shot.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Saw this yesterday. Idiot!

IMG_6038.jpeg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Maybe in the future, yes, but for now I'd rather that my current Chromecast dongle continued to work with my Eurosport subscription since both have already been paid for and there is no good reason for them not to carry on working together!
I got it working!

I realised that I hadn't done any casting to my new TV so I tried setting up Chromecast again and that did the trick.

Top Bottom