Genesis make a wrong 'un

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
(edit) your issue with it is not so much the style in itself I feel, as the fact that it's made by genesis who are better known for "trad" styled bikes
I thought I'd better make it clear that I'm a fan of the brand, lest anyone think I started a thread merely to slag them off!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Well, I like it. Apart from the seat tube by the rear wheel, it's all very simple and sleek. Being rather underpowered as a rider, I have no problem with the wide gear range and long cage, or rather, I have a problem without them.

I thought I'd better make it clear that I'm a fan of the brand, lest anyone think I started a thread merely to slag them off!
It's ok I do understand lol!
I'm not sure I get the concept even - not quite a road bike, not quite a cx, and what advantage would a carbon frame have when it's carrying wheels and tyres that big?

Could the difference between like and dislike be an age thing? I really like my Volant because it has reassuringly round tubes - just like a "real" bike! I liked it so much I bought a "real" bike as well!

Hmmmm. The tapered tubes make it look a bit front heavy to me. I don't mind funny shaped tubes but they need to look even.
I was thinking it looks like a cut and shut.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Fugly as a Nissan juke (or "joke" as I like to call'em); it looks as if they used so much carbon on the front end that they had to economise on the rear!

(edit) your issue with it is not so much the style in itself I feel, as the fact that it's made by genesis who are better known for "trad" styled bikes
I have a juke too ;)

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
It's ok I do understand lol!
I'm not sure I get the concept even - not quite a road bike, not quite a cx, and what advantage would a carbon frame have when it's carrying wheels and tyres that big?
It's the sort of thing I can imagine riding on a family holiday, camping or somesuch, but then I wouldn't do that on a two grand piece of carbon.

outlash

also available in orange
Not my cup of tea, but beauty is in the eye of the credit card holder :smile:. This gravel/adventure bike trend does seem to be picking up speed somewhat, but I'm still struggling to see the difference between these and a CX bike with bottle bosses and rack/guard mounts.

FWIW, Genesis have been racing for a while now as Madison Genesis and they were/are racing on their rather lush Volare 953 frame, plus their carbon race frame is called Zero isn't it?

Tony.

Leodis

Veteran
Similar to the Ribble R872 which I own, nothing wrong with the frame, its built for speed not comfort like a heavy CX bike.

side-edit.jpg
LPR872Large.jpg

Wafer

Veteran
Really like the concept, other than the carbon frame and price it's what I want, road bike with discs and more clearance rather than a cx bike.
Reckon there's a guy at work who'd be interested as he wants something like cdf but not steel as he thinks it's too heavy for his needs. He does like climbing so....
Not sure on the looks, think I'd need to see more of it to decide. Wasn't a big fan of Genesis style when I first saw them but have come round, keen on the idea of a cdf frameset at the moment but also looking at more contemporary alu cx style bikes too.

Top Bottom