Germans have 2.4 bicycles.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

broady

Veteran
I really need to sell some bikes I think.
Currently there are 19.
1 should be going to by dad this weekend though

broady

Veteran
And how exactly, Sir, did you acquire these bikes......?

My wife says I have a problem.
I see a bike I like for sale, check my account and then if there is enough money buy it and go without beer for a while.
7 are kids bikes, but need to sell 3 of those really as I only have 2 kids.
It's just hard deciding what to sell

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
My wife says I have a problem.
I see a bike I like for sale, check my account and then if there is enough money buy it and go without beer for a while.
7 are kids bikes, but need to sell 3 of those really as I only have 2 kids.
It's just hard deciding what to sell
Christmas in the @broady household

(Disappointed sigh) oh ... great ... a bike. Just what I wanted. (Other kids get socks, you know)

broady

Veteran
My kids have never had that new bike feeling. In fact the last time I had a new bike was when I was 11.
Most the bikes I have are mainly bikes that I have brought needing work (as they are cheaper) and intend on selling once I have fixed them, but that generally doesn't happen.

Last year I spent more time fixing bikes than riding them. This year I don't want to work on bikes much at all.

broady

Veteran
Christmas in the @broady household

(Disappointed sigh) oh ... great ... a bike. Just what I wanted. (Other kids get socks, you know)

And the kids have never had a bike for Christmas either. Or a birthday.

We don't have much money so I originally brought a cheap bike to learn how to do my own maintenance. I had to buy some new tools so sold that bike to buy them and then brought another wreck.
I've brought mainly from friends/family, ebay or an auction house

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
And the kids have never had a bike for Christmas either. Or a birthday.

We don't have much money so I originally brought a cheap bike to learn how to do my own maintenance. I had to buy some new tools so sold that bike to buy them and then brought another wreck.
I've brought mainly from friends/family, ebay or an auction house
Best way to do it, I've found.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Pawn shops sometimes also have some nice things. One local to me has a lot of SRAM high end components up for sale on eBay right now, as well as a nice Trek carbon frame and some really nice triathlon oriented components.

broady

Veteran
I'm down to 16 (2 adult bikes and 1 kids bike gone).
Hopefully another kids bike going at 3pm.
2 adult bikes still need to go and 1 or 2 kids bikes. Might try and put them up for sale on here later.
Love to only have 12 bikes left by the weekend! !

Now at 15 and one of those is now just a frame. Others are for sale

Last edited:

bigjim

Legendary Member
Germans are big on Utility riding. I'd have thought the figure was more than that. The number of bikes I've seen parked at German Railway stations must be in the hundreds at times.

Top Bottom