Giro di Lombardia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Sheesh were has the year gone one second its mud and cobblestones in Flanders and in a blink of an eye we are at the race of falling leaves.

This is it kiddiwinks till the New Year and the Tour Down Under.

Predictions please??

As ever I was going to put Rebellin in the frame but thanks to those doping muppets Gerolsteiner have been pulled. Although reading at Cycling News am not sure that Davide realises its an Automatic 8 day team suspension for 2 positives in a 12 month period.

Map of the course here and a few other bits. Still trying to find a start list.

Cheers, Mondo --

Hmm... 'Gara delle Foglie Morte' in Italian... 'Race of the Dead Leaves' doesn't have quite the same poetic ring to it.

Nice course, looking forward to it on Eurosport. If the weather holds it should be spectacular. Winner? Pick a number...

Is Bettini riding? Or was the World's his last race?

DanRVV2006

My top tip is Damiano Cunego, hes had an up and down season he won the Amstel Gold early on then sorta disappeared and didnt realy turn up at the Tour. So i think he will go well in Lombardia.
My outsider is Giovanni Visconti, been up there in all the recent little Italian end of season races attacking and what not, hes leaving Quickstep so might want to give them a fairwell gift. Also he will be leader of the Quickstep team beacause as Mondobongo pointed out Bettini last race was the worlds so hes not racing leaving the door open for Visconti to take charge.

Keith Oates

Janner
Good win by Cunego, he was really going well but also the second place by Janez Brajkovic shows that Astana have some good talent on the books besides Contador!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
Well called Andy and Dan, was a good move by Cunego.
Agree the coverage was a bit dire just watched a shoddy highlights show.

Skip Madness

Poor old Janez Brajkovic looked as though he thought he had won - I would have hated to be the one to break the bad news to him...

Top Bottom