Giro d'Italia 2015 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Contador is an attacking rider and he can't seem to change that mentality. I just wish I believed in him

He's in your fantasy team: you do believe in him! :okay:

I do.

400bhp

Guru
I'm forever suspicious of Bertie but his racing style and acumen is to be admired

I understand but perhaps naiavely I just think he's probably the most complete rider of his generation. There's noone better tactically.

i really enjoyed today how he put one over on astana, like feck you, attack me when I have a puncture and I will return the compliment in spades.

hesjedal is a loon. I love his attitude & racing for a pretty low overall gc position. Reckon he will go long er tomorrow.

400bhp

Guru
Observation. I watched the mortirolo stage highlights for the first time today. I personally didn't see too much wrong with landa. Bertie was fecked after pulling back a minute from his puncture. kruijswik was mullered from doing the pacemaking, landa just waited fir his moment. Lets not forget contador is streets agead of anyone. landa is the best of a fairly average bunch but still 5 mins down on contador.

400bhp

Guru
Oh and it was great to see them suffering on the mortirolo. Having turned myself inside out on that climb last september (on a bloody 25 sporcket cassette too, not from choice, which meant I was out of the saddle all the way) I had a wry smile at aru guerning worse than tommy v.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
There's rumours out there that Sky/Brailsford are thinking of signing Landa as he's out of contract this year. Played down by DB.
Le's hope they do some serious due diligence - more than they did on Michael Barry, for instance.

Observation. I watched the mortirolo stage highlights for the first time today. I personally didn't see too much wrong with landa. Bertie was fecked after pulling back a minute from his puncture. kruijswik was mullered from doing the pacemaking, landa just waited fir his moment. Lets not forget contador is streets agead of anyone. landa is the best of a fairly average bunch but still 5 mins down on contador.
Perhaps but he's looked strong from day one and his Palmares don't reflect 2nd in a GT, plus he hardly looks like he's trying which I know is not conclusive but, like you say, not a super strong field, he is still young, has showed promise in the past but, being out of contract and putting in a performance like this rings alarm bells, especially as he's riding for Astana. I'd like to see how he goes over the next two stages.

400bhp

Guru
There's rumours out there that Sky/Brailsford are thinking of signing Landa as he's out of contract this year. Played down by DB.
Le's hope they do some serious due diligence - more than they did on Michael Barry, for instance.
So what's landas palmares? Surely more than 7th or whatever it was at one of the build up races this year?

Is he a bit froome like for instance? Stage win in the vuelta showed he had massive ootential but before that not much really? Trying to be glass half full here.

400bhp

Guru
Perhaps but he's looked strong from day one and his Palmares don't reflect 2nd in a GT, plus he hardly looks like he's trying which I know is not conclusive but, like you say, not a super strong field, he is still young, has showed promise in the past but, being out of contract and putting in a performance like this rings alarm bells, especially as he's riding for Astana. I'd like to see how he goes over the next two stages.
The out of contract one Is the one that grates, nothing to lose? I hate this doping talk:sad:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
So what's landas palmares? Surely more than 7th or whatever it was at one of the build up races this year?

Is he a bit froome like for instance? Stage win in the vuelta showed he had massive ootential but before that not much really? Trying to be glass half full here.
lt's all speculative but if you look at his Giro results for last year, he's made a stellar leap
http://www.procyclingstats.com/rider.php?id=140293&season=2014

400bhp

Guru
[QUOTE"rich p, post: 3717746, member: 500"]lt's all speculative but if you look at his Giro results for last year, he's made a stellar leap
http://www.procyclingstats.com/rider.php?id=140293&season=2014[/QUOTE]
Well, he has had some good stage wins, notably on stage 4 mountain finish in giro trentino last year.

well, im gonna give him the benefit if the doubt.

now, what astana should have done is hide him until the vuelta. Could have won that, would then get interesting,

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've been equally, if not more, surprised at the ageing Tiralongo's form. He's either out there winning stages or leading the train out halfway up a mountain.
Lest we forget, Kreuziger is due up before the beak sometime soon. His form in this race has been noticeably more believable in this race, than the last time he almost outrode Bertie (can't recall which G it was). Getting caught outright or playing about with your BP, just before a visit to CAS would be awfully bad form.

Top Bottom