Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My OH: that need scrubber you got me works really well
Me: :huh: what new scrubber?
My OH: the blackish grey one. A bit on the thin side though and I couldn't work out why you were drying it in the laundry rather than it being under the sink
Me: :eek: :excl: words not suitable for Cyclechat

A few minutes later...

Me: that was the air filter to the hoover (in the apartment we are renting)
My OH: I thought it odd it was hanging in the laundry...

It had actually been pegged to the folded clothes drying rack in the laundry room after I took it out and washed it. :wacko:

colly

Re member eR
Perhaps you should just have told the neighbour that causing it to spread can result in a fine of up to £5,000 and/or 2 years in prison (LINK)! :whistle:
Wow. Never knew that.

fimm

Veteran
I'm walking along carrying one deep section wheel.
Small person: Dad, what is that chap carrying?
Dad: What chap?
S.P. That chap in front.
Dad (probably aware that I can hear this): The, ah, person is carrying a wheel. I think it is a wheel for a bicycle, but it might be for a wheelchair...

(I am female but I have short hair, and that won't be the first time I have confused small people who have a rule that all short-haired persons are male....)

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
S.P. That chap in front.
Dad (probably aware that I can hear this): The, ah, person is carrying a wheel. I think it is a wheel for a bicycle, but it might be for a wheelchair...

(I am female but I have short hair, and that won't be the first time I have confused small people who have a rule that all short-haired persons are male....)
Try being referred to by a supply teacher as 'the young lady' in the midst of your entire class (when yer a bleurk, I should add)...

fimm

Veteran
Try being referred to by a supply teacher as 'the young lady' in the midst of your entire class (when yer a bleurk, I should add)...
Yikes!
I've had adults get it wrong if they've only had a quick glance at me - usually I've been wearing sports kit or lots of layers. My voice makes it clear I'm female, though.

colly

Re member eR
S.P. That chap in front.

In the days of trendy long hair and also petrol pump attendants. My girlfriend at the time (now Mrs Colly) was driven to fits of hysterical laughter when I pulled into a petrol station and for the bloke on the pump walk up to the car window and say to me:

'What can I do for you madam'

She still finds it funny. It isn't I know but that's women for you. tsk tsk

colly

Re member eR
See, I think that's funny, and I thought my incident was funny, which is why I posted.
Interesting... but likely to send this thread on an unnecessary diversion!
That last bit was tongue in cheek.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
A friend who has recently started cycling again was asking for advice on what sort of essentials he should carry on a longer ride, so I reeled off all the usual stuff.

He looked at me for a minute, then said:

"So, you carry latex gloves, cable ties and duct tape with you?"
"Yes, amongst other stuff" I replied
"Have you ever considered explaining that lot to a copper?" he laughed....:laugh:

Lullabelle

Banana
Me: can we please have some aircon on, it is boiling in here. Surely it can't just be me who is so hot
H: it is just you, maybe you are going through a transition or something
I: are you saying that L is going through the change :laugh:
G: erm , I think H in a roundabout way has just said that L is old
ME: it wasn't a roundabout way, it was straight in the face
ME, I, G, :laugh:
ME; cheeky bugger :laugh: :laugh:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH.... I am still having trouble getting my head around us leaving the EU, and the true enormity of it is becoming more and more obvious to me as the day wears on.

I mean.... REALLY??!!

Never did I think it would actually happen!!

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Yikes!
I've had adults get it wrong if they've only had a quick glance at me - usually I've been wearing sports kit or lots of layers. My voice makes it clear I'm female, though.
With me it's the other way round. I'm obviously male to look at (I think), vocally not so much. It's especially bad on the phone. Phones make me anxious, and my voice gets squeaky. I've had someone from a call centre refuse to continue a call twice because they don't believe the person at the other end is a Mr MnG, and I'm always getting 'That is Mr MnG, right?'.

Top Bottom