Giving cyclists a VERY bad name.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
They are NOT cyclists, but thugs on wheels
in today’s society it is sometimes better not to say anything to or show anger to the younger people any more.

Drago

Legendary Member
I cheerfully told a teenager he was a c**k for cycling on the path a few days back, safe in the knowledge it wouldn't be me needing an ambulance if he'd objected to it.

What happened to the old boy is despicable, but the sad reality of Todays world is that people can behave unpredictably, so if you're unsure of your ability to back up your words when the worst happens then its probably safer to stay schtum.

DanZac

Its a shame that our so called professional media insist on calling these people cyclists, they are as close to cyclists as the average car owner is to a formula 1 driver.
I think the proper term is scum who just happen to have recently stolen some 2 wheeled transport.

Its a shame that our so called professional media insist on calling these people cyclists, they are as close to cyclists as the average car owner is to a formula 1 driver.
I think the proper term is scum who just happen to have recently stolen some 2 wheeled transport.
Gilding the lily a bit to refer to the hacks as "professional media". All they want to do is incite the maximum reaction from their readers and spin to suit that aim. When the revolution comes.............................

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's not cyclists. We have big signs at Uni that say "theives on bikes" are stealing phones off you as they cycle past.

It's inner city stuff, don't walk about with expensive stuff on show....

Its a shame that our so called professional media insist on calling these people cyclists

If a pedestrian remonstrated with a driver, and he got out of his car and hit the pedestrian, the media would be describing the attack as "road rage" and the assailant as a "motorist". We need to take the same attitude as drivers, and not assume the guilt for other cyclists' actions.

What happened to the old boy is despicable, but the sad reality of Todays world is that people can behave unpredictably, so if you're unsure of your ability to back up your words when the worst happens then its probably safer to stay schtum.
No. Just no. I'm not going to acquiesce, just because I think someone could beat me a fight. We aren't living in a jungle; the physically strongest do not rule.

Last edited:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Hope you're not offended, @snorri , but this thread's title is just wrong. Individual cyclists don't give the rest of them a bad name, that's just what the mainstream media would like people to think, because it generates more clicks on their web sites. When I see a motorist or pedestrian doing something really stupid, I don't assume they're all like that.

Top Bottom