Got any autographed stuff?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

I have a signed copy of Eliminator by ZZ Top and once had a cricket bat signed by the entire womens english team with Rachael 'Hey Hoe' Flint as Kapitan:biggrin:

buggi

Bird Saviour
my sister (the paramedic one) said she got a call out to an old man. his house was full of autographed photo's and stuff, from people like ginger rogers, frank sinatra, all of them types. must have been worth a mint.

he told her he used to wait outside venues when he was about 8 years old and wait for them to come out.

Willow

Bigtallfatbloke said:
I have a signed copy of Eliminator by ZZ Top and once had a cricket bat signed by the entire womens english team with Rachael 'Hey Hoe' Flint as Kapitan:biggrin:

Where is said bat now?

mondobongo

Über Member
Have a few bits and pieces, Fish CD, Type O Negative's Bloody Kisses album signed by all the band, Ian Rankin Novel and a picture of LFC at the World Club Championships in 1981 signed by 4 players.

Nothing worth bundles still nice to have all the same.

T shirt signed by Lau
Post card signed by Chris Hoy
My bro, who is a pro musician, was working on one of the star wars movie soundtrack sessions, and george lucas was there. He dashed out, bought a star wars box set and had him sign it.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Where is said bat now?

I think my Brother has it

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have lots of stuff signed by Hazel O'Connor, including white label album pressings, singles, books and photos. I was a fan in my youth. I also have stuff signed by Toyah from the same period.
I also have a signed album and book by Al Stewart.

Somewhere I have a signed photo of Jilly Goolden after I wrote into the Food and Drink programme about something, it came with the reply.

When I went to Barbados for a spot of cricket, I had a Gray Nichols (SL500 or something like that...four little scoops in the back?) and bumped into the West Indies team in transit. Called Joel Garner Colin Croft :sad: - he kept saying 'Naaat Crraaft' 'Naat Crraaft' - I was sooo stupid. Anyway, Garner Croft and all the team of that era on the back of the bat, along with Charlie Griffiths, Wes Hall, Garfield Sobers - and all the regular hangers on who used to trail around after me...:biggrin: Played against Desmond Haynes just as he was beginning his career too - another signatory.
I broke the bat some months later and just gave it away to one of the opposition - it didn't seem to mean much at the time (apart from how much a new one might cost an impoverished art student:wacko:) but it did to the old boy I gave it to...
Got plenty of New Zealand / France team autographs on jerseys / ball etc etc - useful for the 'sporting moments' part of life.
I have been asked for my autograph three times. All by junior enthusiasts at rugby matches.:biggrin: Little do they know how unvaluable their inscriptions...

Mr Pig

I have the book 'Trust' the story of the Thrust SSC supersonic bid signed by Richard Noble.

I've got a few things signed by singer songwriter Martin Joseph.

I had the autograph of astronaut James Irwin, he visited Airdrie Library, but I lost it.

Top Bottom