Got any autographed stuff?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member
Nicole Cooke recently sent my daughter a post card:

Rose, good luck with your sport, Nicole x

Daughter was well chuffed. Rose is a pretty keen sportswoman, plays good standard hockey and football, and has been giving cycling a bit of a try. Ms Cooke's coach lives locally and has taken a bit of an shine to Rose and asked Nicole to ssend it to give Rose a bit of motivation. The fact she's 18, 5'7" tall, BMI of 18, very fit and as strong as an ox has got him interested.

The card seems to have worked, coach has got her a Kingcycle ramp test coming up, and it looks like I might have to get myself another turbo trainer.

Proto

Legendary Member
Went to the Dutch Grand Prix as a 13 year old my my dad and uncle. Went to the post race dinner at the hotel where the drivers were staying (Bowers?). During the meal went round and asked some of them to sign my race programme - Jim Clark, Graham Hill, Jo Bonnier and some others.

Had it for years and years on the bookshelf. Treasured it. Sadly when we moved house my just wife chucked it away. Didn't have a clue what it was, just an old race prgramme as far as she was concerned, so out it went. :biggrin:

Proto

Legendary Member
At university, girl I knew walked into the coffe shop with an LP (it was a long time ago) of which she was very proud, something by Pete Atkins and Clive James (yes, that Clive James)

Left it with me while she went to get a coffe. Examined it and noticed this sort of blue smudge on the front, so got a napkin and cleaned it off. Turns she'd just got them to autograph it, a bit smudged, but muppet Proto had finished it off. :biggrin:

yello

A 12" Madness single (the Nutty Boy's EP??) signed by, um, all of Madness. A copy of Fever Pitch signed by Nick Hornby and, um, all the autographs of the Nelson United squad for an early 1970s Chatamn Cup game. Bet you're impressed huh?

Noodley

Proto said:
The fact she's 18, 5'7" tall, BMI of 18, very fit and as strong as an ox has got him interested.

You might find some of the pervs regulars on here might be a bit interested as well...:wahhey::biggrin:

All the best to her in her sporting efforts.

Mr Pig

I've just remembered that we've got a Scotland Shirt, worn by a player and signed by all the whole team in silver ink, from the Scotland 'V' Brazil match that opened the 1998 World Cup finals. I keep meaning to get a frame for it so that we can hang it up.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I have the book 'Trust' the story of the Thrust SSC supersonic bid signed by Richard Noble

I'd be interested to know where you got that from?

yoyo

We have autographs from Rowan Atkinson, Tony Robinson, Dawn French and all the cast of the Vicar of Dibley. Our sons were in the choir that sing the theme tune and also the reworked theme tune for Mr. Bean.

I have;
World Championship rainbow jersey signed by lance Armstrong.
Postcard signed by Huge Porter.
Bettina Selby book signed to moi from when I built her Nile bike.
Tom Vernon (Fat Man on a Bike) book signed to moi from when I serviced his Argentina bike.
Jim McGurn book signed to moi.
Richard Ballantine book signed to moi.
Josie Dew book signed to moi from when I serviced her Iceland bike.
Tony Doyle book signed to Mike (I don't know who Mike is) found in a chariday shop.
Mike Burrows signed book.

Graham Hancock signed book.
And my oldest treasured possession, a signed hardback copy of 'The Stairs Which Kept Going Down' By Compton McKenzie who was a close friend of my grandmother.

Mr Pig

Bigtallfatbloke said:
I'd be interested to know where you got that from?

He and some other members of the Thrust team were taking the car round events to raise money for his new project, a light aircraft. I can't even remember where it was but I saw the car and got him to sign the book. It's a great book incidentally, a real inspiration.

gavintc

Guru
My daughter has Sir Paul Macartney's signature under his name in the programme from his Knighthood at Buck House. She was 12 at the time and just dashed up to him with her copy of the programme.

Top Bottom