GP 5000 TL 32s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Reviews are mixed - maybe I'm just reluctant to change, I still like the GP4000s!

This review https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/road-bike-reviews/continental-grand-prix-5000-s-tr#pr

says:-

The main problem with changing to just 2 layers of (thinner) casing material under the tread is seen in the puncture resistance tests as the puncture resistance of the tread has gone down by 30% in our test. We'll have to wait for more real-life user experiences about puncture resistance, but the 5000 S TR definitely will be more prone to punctures.

No punctures with mine after 1000 miles.

OP
OP
N

Nebulous

Guru
No punctures with mine after 1000 miles.

Thanks - is that on the new TR S ones @Milzy? I'm up to about 1500 miles on the TL ones and likewise, no punctures.

How did you set them up?

Mine were setup by the company that made my bike, so I've no idea what sealant is in them. I've never used tubeless before - so flying blind......

Milzy

Guru
Thanks - is that on the new TR S ones @Milzy? I'm up to about 1500 miles on the TL ones and likewise, no punctures.

How did you set them up?

Mine were setup by the company that made my bike, so I've no idea what sealant is in them. I've never used tubeless before - so flying blind......

I used Joe’s Juice sealant.

Top Bottom