Greenwich Mean Time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
And as far as I'm concerned, GMT is the proper time.

Though of course in this day and age it's not considered PC to refer to it as Greenwich Mean Time as it upsets the perfidious French, who are still smarting after their failure to have the Prime Meridian defined as the one going through Paris. :rolleyes:

ScotiaLass

Guru
Same bikes all year round. Putting a 'nice' bike away for the winter is just a waste. Some winter days are absolutely brilliant cycling weather.
I agree that there's nothing better than a cold, dry, winter morning for making you feel alive!

Might as well get my twice yearly grouse over with I HATE THE USELESS OUTDATED IMPRACTICLE PRACTICE OF HAVING TO MOVE THE TME EITHER FORWARD OR BACK. IN THESE DAYS OF 24/7 WORKING IT ACHIEVES NOTHING BUT CONFUSION. I DO NOT CARE IF WE STOP ON G.M.T OR MOVE TO C.E.T OR WHAT EVER AS LONG AS WE STOP ON ONE OR THE OTHER. Rant over I just have one bike that does everything. But I have checked my lights this week and sorted out what I will use every day and what I will carry on longer rides in possibly dark lanes.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I've got the summer bike and the winter bike. Summer bike won't fit guards on but my winter one does. I quite look forward to swapping, both different beasts!

My winter bike was my first 'proper' road bike - a Principia. I love it.

winjim

Smash the cistern

Sailorsi

Recumbents - Exercise whilst lying down
Last year (on the UK South coast anyway) it seemed to go from autumn into spring and missed the whole winter thing out. Currently only run one bike and keep the full mud guards on all year round, keeps my bum dry! Might have another bike on the way soon however.....:whistle:....don't tell the wife.....

Year round commuter, using same bike
Not come off this one yet, but then again, I alternate running & riding

Ribble Winter framed bike (different wheels now, to pair in pic)

Ribble. Winter. Work. 1.JPG

If icy;
Inov-8 Oroc-340 (tungsten-carbide studs)
Kit. 2013. Inov-8. OROC 340. 2.JPG

If severe snow; Inov-8 Mud-Claws
Kit. 2010. Inov-8. Mud-Claw 330. 2.jpg

Might as well get my twice yearly grouse over with I HATE THE USELESS OUTDATED IMPRACTICLE PRACTICE OF HAVING TO MOVE THE TME EITHER FORWARD OR BACK. IN THESE DAYS OF 24/7 WORKING IT ACHIEVES NOTHING BUT CONFUSION. I DO NOT CARE IF WE STOP ON G.M.T OR MOVE TO C.E.T OR WHAT EVER AS LONG AS WE STOP ON ONE OR THE OTHER.

It is for the benefit of farmers, so they can swap their summer cows for winter cows.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I went for a gentle ride through Greenwich on a cycle path today and I seemed to be forever diverted off the cycle path because generously proportioned pairs of women with one babby buggy each had simultaneously decided that a cycle path was the cool place to be. Oh, and at least 15 oblivious iPlonkers who evidently didn't want to block up the walky parts of the pavement.

Oh, sorry, this thread's not Greenwich Moan Time....

Top Bottom