Gritty, grimacing, gunky photos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yashicamat

Best one I've got (given I've only been cycling properly for about 4 months) is this one, end day 3 of my first cycle tour after spending all day cycling 65 miles uphill (start of the day was at 25m above sea level, end was 200m) with a strong headwind . . . plus the superb aerodynamics of massive, fully laden rear panniers.

It is I on the right and my LHT on the left:

5254_502779920683_283200051_28096_4106243_n.jpg

Headgardener said:
I'm afraid that I don't have any grimacing photographs (not enough proper hills in the New Forest) but I will try and get a pic of me ascending Frost lane, which is the nearest thing to a hill round here (2 metres to 36 metres in 0.77 of a mile (Butts Ash hill might be a bit steeper but it's shorter)), and grimace on that.

Before moving to Canada I lived in Dibden Purlieu for 25 years. I agree Frost Lane is tough but I think the steepest gradients I found were the climbs eastwards out of Lymington and then out of Beaulieu. Tough near the end of a round trip to Bournemouth!

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i was fatter then and had been conned into the rivington carnage. i was knackered as i had just made it up to darwen tower from winter hill.after setting off from rivie. 3 bailed, but not me. was 33 of us that day. approx 40 miles loop.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Good pictures Shaun. I especially like the look of fear in your eyes! :evil:

So lets add fear to the list of picture requirements! :evil::biggrin:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I haven't got many pictures of me cycling. There's this one but I'm not dirty- the mud was frozen.

IMG_9758001sized.jpg

Here I'm a bit dirty, and travelling at about 3 mph on account of the leaves stuck in the forks and seatstays. Is that a grimace? I'm not sure.

IMG_3120.jpg

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Me at the top of Blakey Bank.

picture.php

(and no, I didn't manage to cycle all the way up it, but someone had told me that the photographer was lurking at the top, where it levelled out a bit...)

Top Bottom