Group rides and socials

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste

eek.gif

eek2.gif

boxing.gif
???

rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Attachments

• rofl.gif
    rofl.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 17

frank9755

Cyclist
Agree with the suggestions above.

A couple of other thoughts.

1. Don't write off the the racing oriented-clubs. They often have club runs that are a lot more sedate. For example, while my club tends to have pretty fast-paced ones, I believe that the other local club has runs which are more akin to a CTC ride, with a more sedate pace and cafe stops. I think these runs are more for the older members who no longer race but make up the majority of membership. Other clubs have different grades of ride - one for racers and one for those who want a more gentle pace.

Also, it really is pretty rare to be dropped on a ride. Most people who are leading rides have a bit of experience and will at some point have ridden in groups where they were the slowest, so know what it is like.

2. Bike shops often organise local rides. I know of a couple who do near me. Worth seeing if yours have a notice up, or asking someone.

StuartG

slower but further
I'm puzzled. Our club (the Anerley) is literally on your doorstep, ticks ALL your boxes and you have an open invitation on the original thread. If we don't seem to be right for you then we need to know what we are doing wrong.

Do reply here but you could do it at greater leisure/pleasure on Sunday. A jaunt to Leatherhead and, if you wish, onward to Holmbury St Mary. Last Sunday 3 of the 12 riders were ladies.

I'm puzzled. Our club (the Anerley) is literally on your doorstep, ticks ALL your boxes and you have an open invitation on the original thread. If we don't seem to be right for you then we need to know what we are doing wrong.

In your picture you're all wearing lycra/cycling gear.

You mention 20 miles as the ride distance.

You talk of averaging 12mph.

Cyclemagic's intro rides (and many of our other social rides) are up to 10 miles, none of us wear lycra, we stay at the event or cafe we're riding to for a couple of hours and we never, ever talk about avareage speeds.

Result. More women than men on the rides and more people come back. Our last ride had 9 new people.

OP
OP
rodgy-dodge

rodgy-dodge

An Exceptional Member

Do reply here but you could do it at greater leisure/pleasure on Sunday. A jaunt to Leatherhead and, if you wish, onward to Holmbury St Mary. Last Sunday 3 of the 12 riders were ladies.

mmmmm puzzled indeed :wacko: I live in the North East of England London is a very long way from me :ohmy: lol

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm puzzled. Our club (the Anerley) is literally on your doorstep, ticks ALL your boxes and you have an open invitation on the original thread.  If we don't seem to be right for you then we need to know what we are doing wrong.
Er, you've been speed-reading Stuart! ;)

Having read the thread in the beginners section on the lady looking for a social group in London could we have a sticky thread on groups/socials up and down the country

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'm absolutely sure that the Anerley would make whatever adjustments were needed to make anybody feel welcome. And, for what it's worth, they don't all wear lycra.

I think, RD, you've got to make the move and get in touch with your local clubs, and with local CCers.... there's always a thousand reasons for not doing something, and you'll not know until you decide that you are going to do something

Top Bottom