Harley riders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Just to balance that up my mate has owned two and loved them. He preferred his first one though as it had normal foot rests.
He traded his last one in for a Triumph 1050 sport and rode it from the showroom to meet me and dropped it in the car park. He had only owned it an hour and boy was it damaged. We were both sick.

The 1050 is a great engine in the Sprint ST, Tiger and the Speed Tripple. The Explorer 1200 is a great bike too.

If you look at the size of the gears and shift forks in the 2.3l engine they look marginal at best.

VFR800 is a very well rounded Sports Tourer.

Yamaha Fazer 1000's are a lot of fun too.

Plenty to go at!.

Goggs

Guru
[QUOTE 4488510, member: 76"]Of all the bikes I have never had, a VFR is top of the list. I nearly got one twice, the first time I went for an RF900 instead, the one with tHE glovebox! The second time I went for a GSX-R750, which I probably shouldn't have done, I should have done the VFR.

Hmmmmmm, next time, a VFR800 maybe[/QUOTE]

Same here. If I had to buy a motorcycle it would be a VFR 800. But I'd rather have a Piaggio MP3.

S-Express

Boy that looks nice.

I will own one - one day. Either that or an Egli Vincent - depends on the size of the lottery win ;)

cfd9d0bf58cfc7386485eabdd578f564.jpg

clid61

Veteran
Ok I know I could go on the Harley forum to ask this question but I would be interested to learn how popular they are with cyclists.
The question is if you do own one , what do you think of it.
I quite fancy now just rolling down the road and enjoying the scenery without having to exert any energy which I can do on my Beemer but suddenly Harleys are appealing to me.
However swmbo seems to think we need a new kitchen before I even think about getting one.
Over the years I have sat on a few but never found one that feels that comfortable so I would be interested in from those who agree with that or have adapted theirs to be more comfortable.
I definitely getting old because it only use to be Blades, Dukes GSXRs that would be on my radar.
Just get one , the kitchen will sort itself out in time , make any while the sun shines !

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Best bike I ever owned? A Honda CB500 twin, bought new in 1997 and still in use according to my internet search. It would cruise two up at 80mph all day long, was comfortable and stable at three figures plus, handled well and as reliable as a Swiss watch. If there was only one bike that was in production the CB would probably be the best option as a "Do a bit of everything acceptably" all rounder.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Believe it or not I've been looking at getting both a DT50 and a Dnepr outfit.
I can just picture you on one of these,

a9c541b51fb52bd03f2cda98b3ab8e21.jpg

Top Bottom