Have You Deleted Your Free U2 Album?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
5 pages in and has anyone actually listened to it yet?

Before deleting/posting/writing to the UN?

Face palm.

Bloody blast buggery and bollocks, in order to use the 'fug off bonio' tool you have to sign into your apple account, I haven't got a clue what my username or password is, looks like bonio's here to stay, the jerk-off.
I bet he knows his Apple account details though.

lozcs

Guru
Why are people so worked up about getting something for free? Whether you like U2 or not, its free. Listen to it or dont but what harm is it doing you by being there?
I have downloaded the album and have listened to it once and enjoyed it. Why not give it a listen, its free.

I personally know quite a few very talented musicians who work hard to craft and perform their art and sadly it seems that very often, their work is not valued and often exploited - eg. promoters/venues asking for performances with no pay 'for the exposure' and expecting the musicians to also do the marketing, promotion and sales for them while bars sell drinks to packed customers.

U2 is a business and they would have made a fortune for this apple deal but also amplified the belief that music and musicians are worthless.

And top it all off with their aggressive and unethical tax avoidance schemes.

This is why I found the apple stunt offensive and won't be giving it a listen - music is never free, someone always pays but not everyone gets paid.

What's the difference between a pizza and a musician?
A pizza can feed a family.

Peteaud

Veteran
Bonio has apologised for dumping his shïte on everyone with an itunes account, had a beautiful idea and got carried away, I guess that's what happens when you have a massively over-inflated ego and your head firmly inserted up your own jacksie.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29630291

Has he said sorry for being such a twat tho?,

holierthanthou-1.jpg

Calvin Harris is picking up the tab for taxi rides in Glasgow in some cabs (identified by having his picture on the cab), the free ride stipulation being that his new album is played throughout the journey

Top Bottom