Have you ever met anyone online for reasons other that cycling?

Have you ever met anyone from the internet for anything but cycling?

• No... weirdo's and creepy people do that!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No... but would not rule it out/judge those that do.

• Yes... and was a positive experience.

• Yes... but would not do it again, they were creepy/odd.

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Simple as that.... Obviously many one here have met for cycling reason but what about romance, friendship or sex? I always thought it was a bit sad and creepy but I actually met my wife on the interweb (indirectly) and I know a few other couples that have met using match making websites...

So have you? if so any stories?

I've met these people for a beer!

Keith Oates in Ha Long, Vietnam – December 2006

Andy Bell in Stockholm – April 2007

Mr Hippo in Bangkok – January 2008

Cranky in Witney - December 2008

Baggy & Chuffy in Exeter - December 2008

Aperitif in Feltham - December 2008

and very enjoyable each occasion was, too! :biggrin:

dudi

I used to belong to a classic car forum (when I had a classic car). and we often met up for driving fun... usually scouting out good long tunnels to drive around in... quite sad really.

Also I met one of my dearest friends through the internet. I hardly ever see her though, as she lves a long way away.

barq

The creepiest was when I was about 16/17 and he turned out to be a lot older and disappointed I wasn't younger. :angel: Not surprisingly that rather put me off, but it was a long time ago and I have met some very nice/normal people since.

I haven't explicitly met anyone from CC but I bet I've encountered a few on the road. JacomusRidesGen used to be based in the same building as my office but we never actually met which seems a bit lame of me now I come to think of it! :biggrin:

Mr Pig

A few but the options given are either or. I've had both positive and creepy experiences. I wouldn't actively seek to avoid meting people, but I don't go out of my way to do it either!

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Mr Pig said:
A few but the options given are either or. I've had both positive and creepy experiences. I wouldn't actively seek to avoid meting people, but I don't go out of my way to do it either!

My bad...didnt think to make it multiple choice. :smile::blush:

Radius

SHREDDER
Met up with some people from my photography forum, that was really good, all exactly who they said they were, and very nice too, much like those on CC I've met

Radius

SHREDDER
wtf you think the windups in P&L are doing then? :smile:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I met a whole bunch of people through a music forum 4-5 years ago. We gathered in various people's houses periodically for a couple of years as meetups - these were in Finland, Germany, Holland and my house in England. Was brilliant at the time although most of us have moved on although I still visit one of the chaps in Germany whom I met then.

As part of larger gatherings of people from this forum I met some people I didn't particularly take to but it was no problem, we can't get on with everyone.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
barq said:
I haven't explicitly met anyone from CC but I bet I've encountered a few on the road. JacomusRidesGen used to be based in the same building as my office but we never actually met which seems a bit lame of me now I come to think of it! ;)

it is - he's a sweet chap. And a damn good bike rider.

I've probably met sa few hundred people from cycling forums, or from sending out cycling newsletters. But, other than that, none.

gbb

Legendary Member
On the wifes back really (scuse the expression :laugh:)..shes an owner of an online worldwide mothers chatroom.
We've met couples and mothers from all over the country, from Sunderland to Kent, Cornwall to Northern Ireland.
Its generally been a good experience, although we've met a horror of a child once in a while ;)

Night Train

Maker of Things
I've met quite a few people off the internet for reasons other then cycling. Mainly it has been social get togethers or dating. I would have no problem meeting up with people as they are less likely to be a risk due to the sort of forums I would use.

I did once end up with a loony stalker off a dating site though. Took nearly a decade to be reasonably comfortable that I am free of her activities though she may well still be reading this now!

Globalti

Legendary Member
When we owned a Landy I met up with one other Landy fanatic for a drive, which was fun and a couple of others for a beer, which wasn't.

Top Bottom