Hello all, from Basingstoke

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RCU

Regular
Recently moved to the area, taking the plunge into a club and the world of forums. Love all things cycling, road rider but will watch and talk anything.

So...yeah...hi.

:hello::bicycle::hello:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Yay, Basingstoke amazingstoke! It's a bit of a cult town on Cyclechat.

Welcome to the forum from down the M3 in Winchester. Basingstoke town may not be a cyclist's paradise, but the countryside around and about is fabulous on two wheels.

What club have you joined?

OP
OP
RCU

RCU

Regular
Wow. What a welcome!

I haven't joined...yet...I'm planning on going for the Sunday ride with HWB (Hatch Warren Beggarwood) this weekend and seeing what it's like.

Are you a member somewhere?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Wow. What a welcome!

I haven't joined...yet...I'm planning on going for the Sunday ride with HWB (Hatch Warren Beggarwood) this weekend and seeing what it's like.

Are you a member somewhere?
I thought that might be the case. They seem a friendly club. Check out this thread. If nothing else, it'll warn you about discussing the H word on the forum.

If you're living that side of Basingstoke, you're within easy reach of some of the best local riding. Get your climbing legs out though, because it's generally quite lumpy.

I'm a member of the Winchester club, VC Venta. You might see us down your ends - blue kit with yellow, black and white trim. Locally there's also North Hants Cycle Club, Andover Wheelers (both 'racing' clubs) and the Oakley Pedallers, who are more social.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RCU

RCU

Regular
I'm actually up towards the Hospital, but HWB still seemed closest and I'm not really looking to get into racing, love a good sportive though.

Regarding the "H" word my better half wouldn't let me out more than 10metres from the door without one anyway so kind of a non-issue...also had a couple of offs where I'm fairly confident the specific clothing item is the only reason I can still feed myself. :B):biggrin:

I'll keep an eye out for anyone in those colours. And be sure to give a nod.:thumbsup:

If you know any particularly good climbs around I'd be very keen, prefer the up to the down for the most part.

Mrs M

Guru
:welcome:

OP
OP
RCU

RCU

Regular
Was just wondering where people buy there stuff? Mrs RCU misplaced one of my Bidons and it got me to looking for a replacement.

Top Bottom