Hello from Datchet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark W

Hello,

I'm just starting off with a 'hello' to kick me off on this forum.

I'm a 40'ish road cyclist from Datchet near Windsor. Only been at it properly since the beginning of the year, but done a couple of 70+ rides and about 700 so far.

Looking to join anyone local for rides to add to the enjoyment.

Cheers,

Mark

Rebel Ian

Welcome, Mark. I cycled through Datchet last night and do so quite often en route to Wraysbury/Staines/Shepperton etc.

You should join our little Berks/Bucks gang which is starting to meet the first Sunday each month (next one August).

OP
OP
M

Mark W

Hi Ian, thanks for the welcome. I'd love to join the Berks/Bucks gang, I'll pencil the date in my diary.

If you see a fella around Datchet on a white and orange Orbea, say hello, it'll probably be me!

And a mob from the forum were lurking around there last Saturday -here. I was particularly Datcheting as I watched athletics at the Thames Valley stadium for about an hour, having failed miserably to intercept the peloton! (I punished myself with twice through Slough xx( ) :smile:

Welcome to the forum Mark - have fun!

lilolee

Veteran
I punished myself with twice through Slough xx(

Slough is a lovely place....as long as you are leaving it.

Mark there are always plenty of things going on. My normal stay local ride goes around Windsor Great Park a few times. I'll post in the Rides section what I plan on doing when I know more.

Also Norm will drop by soon. He is the Local Guardian, with encyclopaedic knowledge of pubs with good food all of which can be ridden to.
biggrin.gif

OP
OP
M

Mark W

Cheers all, I look forward to tagging onto a few runs. I'll keep an eye on the Rides section.

I'm only about a mile from the athletics centre so know it well. And Slough....yeah, I know Slough!

Norm

Greetings and welcome from a few miles up river. :thumbsup: Shame you weren't here a week ago, we had two rides last weekend.

I wonder how long before Hottie turns up here too. :biggrin:

Rebel Ian

Oi you lot, I live in Slough and have done for 20 years and I love it so leave it alone. :tongue:

Rebel Ian

It's ok, Mark, Ian has found the A4 so knows the way out. :biggrin:

You lot are just a bunch of snobs!! I'm very proud to live in Slough! Maybe I should devise a route for one Sunday that weaves its way through the trading estate!! At least it's flat!!

Top Bottom