Hello from Dundee.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GBC

Veteran
Charlie Archibald rings a bell, but to be honest, it's a bit vague 30+ years on. I never did work in Monikie, so I think your wife may possibly be mixing me up with two other guys:smile:
Re Sandy and Irene, are we talking about Sandy the photographer?

OP
OP
Kevin Falconer
Charlie Archibald rings a bell, but to be honest, it's a bit vague 30+ years on. I never did work in Monikie, so I think your wife may possibly be mixing me up with two other guys:smile:
Re Sandy and Irene, are we talking about Sandy the photographer?
Sandy did Photography but he was an English Teacher.

GBC

Veteran
Sandy did Photography but he was an English Teacher.

A false alarm with good intent I think; the Sandy I knew was a professional photographer, out about Monifieth as I recall. I'd have to say that I Ieft the cops in '79, and when I moved back to Glasgow a few years later, I didn't really keep up with any of the guys, so I'd probably be a bit surprised if any of them remembered me.
I'm thinking about going to the ride on the 20th but can't firm it up yet - if things pan out, we'll maybe catch up there.
Anyway, take care and please give my regards to your wife.

George.

OP
OP
Kevin Falconer
A false alarm with good intent I think; the Sandy I knew was a professional photographer, out about Monifieth as I recall. I'd have to say that I Ieft the cops in '79, and when I moved back to Glasgow a few years later, I didn't really keep up with any of the guys, so I'd probably be a bit surprised if any of them remembered me.
I'm thinking about going to the ride on the 20th but can't firm it up yet - if things pan out, we'll maybe catch up there.
Anyway, take care and please give my regards to your wife.

George.
Will do George:-) Hopefully you can make the 20th, Good talking to you.

OP
OP
Kevin Falconer
I remember Charlie Archibald, I was a beat bobbie in the Hilltown during the early 90s and he worked on my shift. What a small world it is.

But I'll no be there on the 20th cos I'm in Wales.
Haha, Small world indeedy, His son was my best man at my wedding and Chick was giving lalday on the dancefloor:-) .

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Hi Kevin, and welcome to Cyclechat.

It's great to see that you're interested in coming along for the ride on the 20th. Could you drop a post in the ride thread? Makes it easier for me to keep of track of the amount of people to expect...

OP
OP
Kevin Falconer
Hi Kevin, and welcome to Cyclechat.

It's great to see that you're interested in coming along for the ride on the 20th. Could you drop a post in the ride thread? Makes it easier for me to keep of track of the amount of people to expect...
Hey Rasmus, Thanks & will do.

Top Bottom