Hello from Dundee.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GBC

Veteran
Hi Kevin, another welcome from Glasgow:hello: Generally speaking an excellent crowd here and you'll soon discover the forums to enjoy, and the ones that are populated by fishwives:wacko: .
I'll claim a tenuous connection in that about the time you were born, I was the 'beat' man with Tayside's finest, covering the area bounded by Auchterhouse, Birkhill and St Marys. A lot of excellent cycling around there. Enjoy.

Angus444

:hello: Hi Kevin. Drop me a line if you fancy a trip into deepest, darkest Angus any time. A few of us head out towards Edzell, over the Caterthuns / Cairn O'Mount most weekends, sometimes midweek too.
Cheers.

Noodley

Hi Kevin from another Angus dweller, I was oot in your direction this afternoon for a couple of hours roond by Meigle, where there is a very good cycling-friendly cafe called Joiners. If yer ever in need of refuelling I can recommend their date crumble :becool:

OP
OP
Kevin Falconer
:hello: Kevin Falconer and :welcome: to CycleChat ! :wahhey:

CC Ecosse has some rides when we meet up and have a ride and CAKE ! :hungry: Most rides are about 50-60km (35-40 Miles) and No One gets left behind :stop:.

Can you get away for a while on Sat 20 October ?

If you can't manage one of these rides, we'll have to come to you and ride some of your local routes - and cafes ! :hungry:
Hiya Scoosh,Cheers for the offer, 20th sound good to me:-) happy days.

OP
OP
Kevin Falconer
Hi Kevin, welcome form Darkest Perthshire. Some great riding near dundee, especially those hills along the Carse of Gowrie, some real climbing gems hidden in amongst there. All the best.
Thanks for posting, yeh im loving cycling here:-):-) , I cycled up craigowl hill last weekend!! 10.6%:O Worth it for the view and then coming back down.

OP
OP
Kevin Falconer
Hi Kevin, another welcome from Glasgow:hello: Generally speaking an excellent crowd here and you'll soon discover the forums to enjoy, and the ones that are populated by fishwives:wacko: .
I'll claim a tenuous connection in that about the time you were born, I was the 'beat' man with Tayside's finest, covering the area bounded by Auchterhouse, Birkhill and St Marys. A lot of excellent cycling around there. Enjoy.
Thanks GBC, I believe St Marys would have kept u busy back then?? :-) Did you know Officer Chick? He worked at muirhead!! oh my wife just asked if your surname is clark??

GBC

Veteran
Thanks GBC, I believe St Marys would have kept u busy back then?? :-) Did you know Officer Chick? He worked at muirhead!! oh my wife just asked if your surname is clark??

St Marys wasn't too bad back then, Kirkton and Fintry were a bit more lively, as was Beechwood.
There were a few Chics about back then, and spookily, yes, my name is George Clark. You've got me intrigued, pray tell!!

OP
OP
Kevin Falconer
:hello: Hi Kevin. Drop me a line if you fancy a trip into deepest, darkest Angus any time. A few of us head out towards Edzell, over the Caterthuns / Cairn O'Mount most weekends, sometimes midweek too.
Cheers.
Hey Angus444, Thanks for that:-) I'm on here now so i will keep in touch and get something arranged in the future.

OP
OP
Kevin Falconer
Hi Kevin from another Angus dweller, I was oot in your direction this afternoon for a couple of hours roond by Meigle, where there is a very good cycling-friendly cafe called Joiners. If yer ever in need of refuelling I can recommend their date crumble :becool:
Hiya Noodley, Yeh I love crumble:-) Thanks.

OP
OP
Kevin Falconer
St Marys wasn't too bad back then, Kirkton and Fintry were a bit more lively, as was Beechwood.
There were a few Chics about back then, and spookily, yes, my name is George Clark. You've got me intrigued, pray tell!!
Hi George, Did you work Monikie?? My wife thinks she remembers you! Were you friend with Sandy & Irene?

Top Bottom