Hello from NW Cumbria

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Creakyknee

Hi all,
Took up road cycling last September at the age of 47 years young and a not so svelte 19 1/2 stone at 6"2. Hadn't been on a bike for 30 years . First ride did 3 miles ,thought i was going to die after the first small incline, and by the second one was praying that I would.

Anyway kept at it and my longest weekend ride to date is 57 miles at a fairly poor 14mph. Although I can do nearly 16mph (weather permitting) on my 23mile route which I try and do 3-4 times during the week. Weight is now a still not so svelte 161/2 stone, and managed 266 miles in 2013 so far.

Ambitions are to get fast enough to join a cycling club and lose another 3 stone (hills still kill). Would like to try and get 5000 miles this year, weather and time permitting.

D

Deleted member 23692

Welcome to CC, from somewhere near you (perhaps) :smile:

wisdom

Guru
Welcome from Blackpool,well done on your mileage so far.You have done well with the weightloss,i thought i had done well with losing 2 stone but it seems to have slowed down of late.I haven't put any back on though.Keep up the good work.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: you've done great!

Andrew 14

Amazing progress in such a short time well done I am also new on here 48 and have recently started riding and have lost some weight

Top Bottom