Hello from NW Cumbria

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herr-B

Welcome Martyn (and Creakyknee) :hello:

Hartside!!! the Eden side bloody hard slog to climb and suicidal to come down at full tilt. The Alston side long and steep in places bloody awful lot of motor bikes passing you on the way up and down and some times little sports cars roaring past you as close as possible and smug looking C2C cyclist's coming down to the Leadgate turning. Bloody awful hill to cycle or walk but with the best view in the North. That's why I visit it at least twice a year either on the bike or on foot heading for Cross Fell. Been up it in Snow, fog and blazing sun and always see or find something new about it.

D

Deleted member 23692

Hartside is a long way up from either side, and can be nasty with the variety of traffic that uses it. It's well worth it once you get to the top though. The café is getting expensive, but the Mars bar cake is well worth it ;)

Won't be as the festival as I find events like this pretty contrived, and I try to avoid the company of 'lifestyle cyclists' unless I'm getting paid

yeah i done it. was pouring rain and 55kph wind so i didnt come down very fast was on breaks. pasted loads of c2c on way up but i thought the climb was okay :smile:no motor bikes because of the weather hundreds of cyclists though http://www.strava.com/activities/75358111
Michael i hope followed you on strava. that was a good route hopefully many ideas
anyone get notifications through for this site by email? the box is tickets but get no alerts :sad:

Top Bottom